Tu hi haqeeqat khwaab tu

When Sameer opened his eyes in the morning, a streak of bright light through a crack in heavy curtains made him smile. All that had been happening was like this beam of light, strengthening his hopes... Naina's happiness the previous night as she danced, her acceptance of getting pictures clicked with him and then, his name from her mouth.

He picked up the pillow from his side and crushed it to his chest, grinning. Hearing it directly was another level of exultation. He had broken one more wall.

And another... his smile got wider as he thought about the pictures.

Quickly picking up the phone from bedside table, he opened the folder. It was still named 'Maina ❤ Meri Naina'... it was still protected by a password... but the pictures were not a mistake. He hadn't even deleted the one she found blurred. Because he didn't. He could clearly see the three of them, seated close to each other... just like a family. He blushed... the words of air hostess ringing in his ears again... his wife and son.

"Maine toh tumhe aur Ayush ko apni family maan liya... ab tum bhi maan lo na... Maina." He grazed his fingertips lightly on their picture.

Few minutes later, he got up to push the curtains away, letting more light in the room. The view outside was bright and fresh. Since the sun was still closer to the horizon, sky was a frosty blue. As his gaze drifted lower, he could see the vast gardens of the hotel, interspersed with little dome shaped pavilions, called chatris, providing shaded seating. It was a heritage property, blended with contemporary amenities like the swimming pool right below his window. A fairly large pool, with crystal clear water reflecting the blue shade of its tiles was a welcoming sight for the eyes. Since it was early morning, just two people could be seen in water.

"Kal workout nahi kiya tha. Abhi swimming jaa sakta hun... ya gym jaun?" Checking the time on his phone, he contemplated.

"Aadhe ghante ke liye gym hi chala jaata hun, jisse breakfast ke time tak ready ho jaunga." He made a decision.

Changing into his workout clothes, he walked out of his room.

The well equipped gymnasium of the hotel made him do some extra bit than he had planned. By the time he checked his phone, he was way past his planned departure.

Also, there was a missed call from Naina.

"Hello Naina. Sorry I missed your call. Woh main..." Wiping the sweat off his face and neck, he apologised.

"It's okay. I just wanted to know ki breakfast ke liye kitne baje chalna hai. Actually Ayush was feeling a little hungry." Her breezy voice was soothing to his ears.

"Uhh, sorry, main gym mein aa gaya tha. Tum aisa karo, Ayush ke saath breakfast ke liye chali jao. I'll join you soon." Though he wanted to go with them, the idea of keeping Ayush waiting was not acceptable to him.

He dashed to his room, quickly getting into the shower. By the time he reached the breakfast area, Naina and Ayush were already half done with their food.

"Good morning." He gave them a bright smile.

"Good morning." Naina returned his greeting, but did not add sir to it... didn't add his name either.

"Good morning Sameer. Aapne apne baal achhe se wipe nahi kiye na towel se?" Ayush dipped his head to see the wet ends of Sameer's hair curling at his neck.

"Woh main... jaldi mein tha na... isliye." Sameer ran his fingers through his damp hair, giving a sheepish smile.

"Aap breakfast le lijiye. Iski baaton ka toh koi end hi nahi hai." Naina grabbed Ayush's shoulders, ready to shush him if he blurted anything extra.

Na Jaane Kyon...जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें