Chapter 1

Message from author: This is a story request insisted by Love_HAZBIN_Hotel. This is the only time I will accept request since I have other stories that need my attention.

Pairings: 1010xAlice

Chapter 1

The room was dark but light shone through the curtains says that the sun was out. But the sole resident did not care as she blew her nose for the umpteenth time before throwing the soiled tissue in her overflowing trash bin. She had just finished her fourth teledrama series before starting to binge-watch a new one, this time a movie.

A knock came from her door but she did not hear it due to the headphones she wore. Scooping a spoonful of ice cream, Alice watched on as the movie played out.

Alice Thompson, one of the many students who attend U.Va; University of Virginia, and the few to receive a scholarship. It's also the closest her family can afford. Honestly, eighteen thousand dollars is nothing to scoff at. She worked hard to earn said scholarship but after that incident, she may consider switching to a different university. It's still possible, school terms have just begun so it wouldn't be too difficult. Then again, her parents will start asking questions.

"Damn it.", she sobbed and sniffed, not because of the film but because of the frustration. Alice managed to hold it together and continue to eat her frozen treat in an attempt to drown her raging emotions for the time being.

In the following days, Alice has gained enough strength to clean up her dormitory, bathe as well as pick up on her hygiene and stock up on some food for her mini kitchen only when there were not too many students milling around outside. While on the subject of food the brunette ate a decent meal after days of junk food.

The events following the incident at the party were still around. Bullying, taunts, threatening and sexual letters followed her like a moth to a flame. She took this concern up to her dormitory's resident advisor and thus helped her clean the mess tacked on her door. Her classes though, that is a little different. She wasn't above making an excuse letter saying that she caught a bad case of hay fever. Technically not a lie since she has caught it before. She also took the proposal in completing her school work in her dorm room and send it to her teachers via e-mail once she finishes.

One evening after dinner, Alice had time to watch another movie with some ice cream. Instead of another drama, she opted to watch an action movie. Hours later she fell asleep. Curtains blocked the residual light from the other side she snuggled deeply under her blanket. One would expect that she was enjoying her time in dreamland but the frown on her features say otherwise. Tossing and turning Alice woke up with a start. The young woman tried to calm her breathing.

Shivering the brunette got out of her bed, put on her housecoat and slippers and made her way towards her kitchen slash living room to get a drink of water. She paused when she heard the distinct sound of music. Frowning she checked the time; 2:15 AM? She went to bed at nine you mean to tell her that she only had a few hours of sleep? The drop from a beat caught back her attention. Groaning she stomped towards one of her windows, pulled open the curtains to give those party-goers a piece of her mind! Unfortunately, what met her was not their dormitory's courtyard. Tall building bathed in colourful bright lights.

Alice immediately closed her curtains before ducking out of view. What the hell did she just see? "Well I see what I don't see; the college that I attend in. I must still be dreaming.", she said as she tried to rid the growing headache but the music outside was not helping.

"I'm dreaming. I'm dreaming." She mumbled as she crawled back into the safety of her bed but not before pulling out her earplugs from her bedside drawer. Once under her blanket, Alice tried her best to force herself to go back to sleep, no matter how fitful it was.

TBC