Just Manage!

...It was a rainy day in the Clover Kingdom. Yet, Charlotte was still up early and getting ready to go out. She washed her face, brushed her teeth, got dressed into her typical armor, and went downstairs to eat breakfast. All of her Magic Knight Squad Members had already gone out for patrols, so she was there alone. She had been wondering what it would be like to wake up to her very own husband and kids. She started to blush, because all she could do is think of Yami in moments like those. "W-why am I having such weird delusions? Yami will never see me as anything more than a comrade of his. I need to let it go."

She walked out of the door while grabbing her broom, just as she remembered they had a Magic Knight Captains Meeting today. So she decided to head there early, since she had nothing better to do anyways. She arrived at the building 10 minutes later. And as she was walking in, she heard a very familiar voice. Two voices in fact. She looked around the corner only to find the one man that was able to steal her heart, Yami Sukehiro.

"Alright, thanks, Julius." Yami said as he turned around to face Charlotte. She gasped and turned her head to the floor as he begun walking toward her. "Yo, Prickly Queen. Mornin'." He softly smiled at her, the way he always does. She blushed, "H-hello, Yami. Good morning." It was silent and awkward for a good 15 seconds. Yami decided to break the silence by asking, "So...what are you doing here? Like, this early in the morning?" She then replied "I-I could ask you the same thing. I guess we both woke up early today, huh?" She tried not blush as she looked up and made eye contact with him, but her heart skipped a beat. And she ended up turning red. "Well, I woke up early because I had to turn in some paper work for the kid. But other than that, I guess I was just bored this morning, so I came early. Also, your face is red. You okay there?" She replied with a tomato-colored face, "Y-yes, I'm perfectly fine!". "Hmm..ok, I guess." He said...

"Seriously, why does he always have to be so demanding and oblivious? If he would atleast try to understand my feelings, then maybe they would've come through to him by now! But i guess that will never happen. I'll need to, someday, find the courage to to tell him myself." -She thinks to herself.

"Well, what do you say? Do you wanna-" a door opening behind them interrupts Yami. They both look in that direction, only to see Julius-Sama walk out of the door. "Oh! Charlotte! I had no idea you were here. Well, that's perfect. You and Yami are both here just at the right time." He said to them.

Yami - "Eh? What do you mean?"

Julius - "You see, I have a special mission prepared for you two."

Charlotte - "A-A special mission? Just the two of us?!"

Julius - "Yep! I hope it's not a big deal. I just thought that you guys would be best suited for this type of mission."

Yami - "Well...that's new. So, when is it?"

Julius - "I'd like you guys to go to tomorrow, actually. But let me explain the details. You'll be picking off a group of thieves down in a small village. So far, we've counted 36 thieves and 13 female hostages. We predict that their main base is in the woods, since they've been taking the hostages in that direction. We're giving you guys magic communication tools to contact us whenever needed, though, I'm sure those guys won't be much trouble for you two."

Charlotte - "I-I understand, Sir. I accept this mission." A-alone with y-yami?!! I-I don't think I can handle this! Why the hell did I accept it?!

Yami - "Sure, sounds good to me." Hm, alone with Charlotte... this should be a good chance to get closer.

Julius - "Great! Well, I got everything, right Marx?"

Marx - "Uh...yeah, n-not quite, Julius-sama. You kind of missed a major detail. Remember, we got them a cabin to stay in while their in the woods. Oh, and also, this mission should take about a week, so that's really the main reason we got it for them."

Yami & Charlotte - "Huh???!!"

Julius - "Ohh! Yes, yes, my bad. I completely forgot! As Marx said, we were able to get you a cabin in the woods. You can stay there for this one week long mission. I apologize for not mentioning that earlier. Is that okay with you guys?"

Yami - "Y-yeah...but-"

Charlotte - "Sir, don't you think that's a bit extreme? I mean, l-living together...for a week...alone?! I-I'm sorry, I don't think I can manage!"

Julius - "Why can't you manage?"

Charlotte - "W-well...I..." her face turned very red. Yami stared at her with that calming but worried look like he always does. Julius laughed-

"I think it will be just fine! There's no reason to be scared of the thieves. I'm sure they'll be easy to take care of."

"N-no, that's not..."

"Alright! That sounds good, Julius. Just give us the key to the cabin and we'll be ready to leave by tomorrow." Yami said that confidently as if Charlotte had agreed.

Julius - "Of course. Here's the key. Let me explain where it is located..."

Charlotte - Curse that Yami! Now I have no choice but to go. There's no way I can spend more than even a couple hours in the same room as Yami, let alone live with him for a week! T-This is crazy... what is this?!

A few minutes later, Julius finished explaining where it is, and after that, the meeting was just 5 minutes away...
They completed the meeting an hour later, and not long after, the captains headed home. Yami hoped he could catch Charlotte before she left, but she hurried back extra fast that day. So he just grabbed Finral, and headed home.

...

Neither Charlotte nor Yami could sleep that night, they were both thinking about what it would be like for the next week. Will it go good or bad? Is this a good idea? Maybe we'll get closer. I sure hope so...

{CHAPTER 1 END}

TO BE CONTINUED—