Rescue Pt. 1

A/N I read over this one shot and it looks like I stole it from another writer, I forgot the writer's name though. It was NOT intended.

"P-please..." Apollo whimpered. Zeus was beating him repeatedly, whipping and lashing him over and over. His punishment was supposed to be mortality. Apollo was a god again. His throne was restored. Everyone assumed no further punishment was given.

But they couldn't be further away from the truth.

"Please..." Apollo whispered raspily. "Stop..."

"Maybe if you hadn't CAUSED THE GIANT WAR, I wouldn't be doing this," Zeus snarled. "You deserve what you're getting, boy."

Then, the lashings and whippings continued. Apollo's ichor was leaking out. It really wasn't ichor anymore, was it? It looked so red, yet a little golden at the same time.

It was only a matter of seconds before Apollo slipped into unconsciousness and darkness.

Artemis... he thought before he slipped. Without thinking, he had accidentally sent a message with his mind to his twin sister, Artemis.

LINEBREAK

The recent months following Apollo's return to godhood had worried Artemis.

Her brother didn't seem the same. He seemed devoid of happiness and just... different.

However, her thoughts left her mind as she went on a hunting trip with her hunters. Monsters had a tendency to do that.

After the hunt, Artemis was tired, so she decided to retire to her tent.

She thought about getting some rest, but her thoughts kept wandering back to Apollo.

And then, all of a sudden, she could hear his voice. It was weak, distorted, and full of pain. But she could hear him calling for her help.

Artemis...