Prologue

Now let me start by saying my life isn't some fairy tale romance that you read in books or watch in movies, it's far from that. Growing up in a sheltered home and strict parents has made me realize there are a lot of things that have shaped me into the person I am today. I've made some terrible choices, especially within my love life, but that shouldn't come to a shock for anyone, what more could you expect out of a girl who was never allowed to interact with the opposite sex? The biggest shock out of everything should be that even though I've had a rough life like every stereotypical brown girl I've learnt from my mistakes, they brought me back to my culture and religion.

If you had told me 3 years ago that my life would take me to its lowest breaking point I would've laughed in your face; liking any guy was the biggest sin I could commit and yet I still did it. Boys and I didn't coexist, I had never even thought of a guy in a romantic way till 2 years ago; I had always believed that my parents would end up finding me someone through arranged marriage, so I never ended up showing any interest to guys.
But look where it brought me.. I'm here as a 21-year-old talking about my life experiences hoping it will encourage or help someone who is going through the same awful shit I have gone through. It's not a pretty or easy life, but the journey has taught me a few things about myself that I would have never been able to discover without fucking up a few times. So, buckle up and get ready for a ride of lifetime... hopefully I don't bore you much.