Heavenly Bodies

Flowers twirled across the garden bed of polished cherry wood and the glittering crystals that punctured the air like icicles. Partners danced in tandem, movements flowing like water that had you not known some were staring into their beloved's eyes while others were fighting for their life. Dresses or velvet and tulle, silk and satin ballooned out over the floor, swooping, and swaying with the movement of their owners. Delicate blooms were crushed in passionate embraces and others discarded with the memories of sorrow; they littered the ballroom like the wounded in a war. Waltzing slowly in the arms of another was beautiful but at the centre of the room one pair moved as one, like sugar and spice their dance complimented each other but at the same time told the story of a battle long worn. Captivating as it was many who watched would have said they were in love, the kind of love that they might tear the world down for each other. The spectators were wrong though.

It was the kind of love that would tear the world apart at it seems, the kind of love the world would burn in flames because of, the darkest and more secret kind of love. It was the true kind of love.

The women wore a dress of ivory silk, glittering and glimmers as she ducked and spun in her opponent's arms. Her sea ink skin promised secrets to keep, secrets to want and secrets to give. Unbeknownst to watchers her topaz eye swam in an ocean of her tears as she felt her heart yearn with joy and break under the pressure. Her sorrow was mirrored in that of her partners emerald iris's, mouth set in the softest o smile that screamed with fear for their life and what the two of them would never have. Short brown hair, streaked with sapphire blue brushed their skin, skin that whispered autumn days full of warmth and rain spent together.

Together they danced around the room, a dance of love and joy, of shared lifetimes and inside jokes to old to explain. Everyone had their eyes trained on the suit of gold and the dress of moonlight, the sun and the moon, life and death, heaven and hell, light and dark.

They danced for the last time, separated only by themselves and powers far greater than the lovers. The battle they fought on the cherry wood floor was unravelling the universe, piece by piece the world came undone around them until all that was left were the two of them. Together their love has torn the world apart like a puzzle because if they could not have each other then that is what everyone else deserved to understand.

Second left, minutes had been lost and standing there so the woman in ivory leaned up and whispered into her partner's ear.

"Celeste"

Celeste looked long and slowly into her wife's eyes, so full of golden starburst and a halo of moon white curls that held the burdens of the stars, sun, and the sky.

"Ciara"

The two women stood hands clasped together, they had burned the world down for each other because nothing was more important then the other.

To love is to die but dying with her was all she had wanted.