Maya's Letter

To my bestest friend ever Nick,

       Hey Nick. I don't even know why I'm writing this... Well... Okay. I exactly know why... I miss you Nick. It's been three weeks since I last saw you. So kill me now. I miss you a lot. I remember you every single minute. Darn it.

     Hey. Remember when we first met in Vicky's party 6 years ago? Of course you do. I'd kill you if you don't. HAHA. That night when I was kinda tipsy and I bumped into you. Pouring the grape punch I had all over your shirt. I offered to wash your shirt in Vicky's laundry, but you we're too kind to tell me that, "It's okay. I'm fine. It's just my shirt. I wasn't looking on the way either. So, sorry." What a very clumsy stranger I was... And then Vicky arrived and introduced us to each other. We talked for hours. Goodness. And we were laughing all the while. Then the next day, you went to my house... Met my parents and sister, and became family.

    Remember the time when you won that oratorical contest and kissed me like a hundred times on the cheek when you got down the stage? People were staring at us like crazy. And we made so much fun on their reactions that the teachers almost caught us. HAHAHAHAHAHA.

    The nights we stargaze... I miss that. Now all I see for two months is the white ceiling of my hospital room. Nick, can you come here again?

      I know. I know. You're busy with grad school and your girlfriend, but Nick, can't you spend just a little time with me? Okay, I'm demanding. But Nick, to tell you honestly, I've been thinking of saying this for a long time, I'm jealous of your girlfriend. VERY jealous. I know I don't have the right... But I love you, Nick. More than bestfriends.

     Oh. Hey. I think you have to know this, aside from that stupid confession I've just made. I've told the doctors to stop the treatment. It's not working anyway. My strength just gets sucked up. Now, I can't stand up anymore. Or even sit. Even breathing is a hard thing to do nowadays. I tend to hurt my lungs from breathing too deep. My body is deteriorating. I don't have the energy to take those machines anymore... I'm sick of it. Sick of everything. I just want to see you. See you in the last two days of my life... Yeah, that blunt, numb doctor told me that I only have two days left. How lucky. So, Nick, would you come? Don't make me beg...

     I'm expecting you, bestfriend... Tomorrow... And on the last day. At least that would make me happy before I even pass away..

                                                                                                                                                         -Maya

P.S.

Save the best for last...