Chapter 1

Staring out of his bedroom window, a eight year old Godric sighed impatiently as he waited for his best friend, Salazar to come. They had been friends since they were six. As their parents had been friends in their childhood and often met their old friends so Godric and Salazar got to meet often too. There were also other two girls' parents whom his parents were friends with. The girls were best friends. Their names were Helga Hufflepuff and Rowena Ravenclaw.

The four had rather odd last names and were often teased due to that fact at school. However, once when a girl was teasing Rowena a strange thing happened. The girl found herself on the school roof! No one found out how that happened the girl was terrified. After that no one dared tease them again.

Godric was a mischievous boy who loved to play pranks. When he and Salazar played pranks, Salazar often came up with the idea and as to how to escape unnoticed while Godric set up the prank. Godric was brave, courageous and reckless person, while Salazar was more of a quiet, cunning, ambitious and determined person.

Then there were the other two girls. Helga was kind, helping, hardworking and patient person, whereas Rowena was smart, intelligent and witty.

As the four of them met often they were good friends. They had found out that they could do magic, not that they had told their parents. They could make objects fly, repair themselves and much more. Rowena had once said that she had a feeling that their parents could do magic as well.

Today the other three and their parents were coming at Godric's house. His mother bustled around the house trying to tidy things up as their house was messy. Not that it was a surprise.

"Godric!" His mother called up the stairs, "tidy your room."

"Yes mum." He replied.

However, just then the bell rang. Godric dashed down the stairs and threw the door open.

(A/N : Sorry for the short chapter!)