Chapter 1: Constricting

They were finally leaving Fishman island after a long day of fighting and celebrating yesterday. Luffy was excited to finally see the new world. He had waited 2 years for this moment and it's almost here.

Nami saw her captain grinning and she blushed and smiled herself. She approached him and tapped him on the back. "Oh hi Nami!" He said with his grin wide as ever. "Hey Luffy. It's been 2 years already huh. I missed you, you know." She started playing with her now long hair.

Luffy didn't say anything for a second he just had a blank stare, something she had never seen him make. After a few seconds he grinned from ear to ear, "I missed you all too!"

Luffy noticed she looked displeased, but then smiled.

"Shishishi!" Luffy laughed before jumping down and joining the others on the lawn.

Franky was reading a manual given by Tom's brother to help them reach the surface. Robin was laying in her lawn chair enjoying the underwater view. Sanji of course was fawning over Robin. Usopp was telling chopper stories from the last 2 years probably mostly made up. Brook was playing a slow, but calming song on his violin. Zoro was just staring at Luffy while he was leaned up against the railing.

Luffy took notice of this and smiled at zoro. Zoro blushed, scoffed, and walked away. Luffy chuckled.

Nami felt warmth on her skin and saw the sunny slowly getting brighter. She looked up and could see the surface. "Everyone! We made it!" Everyone stopped what they were doing, looked up, and smiled brightly, even Zoro.

"SUUUPEEERRR!" Franky exclaimed in his iconic pose.

Nami turned to Luffy and smiled brightly while throwing her arms around his neck. His heart skipped a beat and he felt weird. Normally when Nami hugged him back then he was fine, but for some reason he was bothered now. The feeling confused him so he pushed her off not even realising his face was as red as his vest.

He looked at her and saw that she looked sad. He forced a smile. "Ah sorry Nami. It was sudden and startled me." He chuckled lightly. "It's ok.. I shouldn't have hugged you so suddenly.."

"Oi. Shouldn't we do something? We're about to break surface." Zoro informed them. Before they had a chance to do anything though, the ship broke on through the water. The sun eveneloped the ship making eveyone feel warm.

Luffy jumper in the air where he stood. "We made it!! After 2 year we're finally here! The New World!"

Everyone one was in a good mood. They celebrated through the day drinking booze, playing games, making jokes. The Sunny was full of laughter that day. No one could've ruined the joy they all had.

~That night~

Everybody had already went to their rooms to sleep besides Luffy. He decided to stay out and enjoy the night.

He took his hat off and stared up in the sky. "I finally made it Ace!" He smiled brightly then chuckled.

Nami had woken up from Chopper snoring. He had joined her and Robin in the womens quarters. She went out to the lawn to get some fresh air and she heard a chuckle coming from the lions head. She knew it was Luffy from the chuckle and mostly because it came from his spot.

She walked up to the railing right by and leaned forward. "Hey Luffy. Beautiful night isn't it?" He jumped at first and then turned and smiled. "Yeah sure is. Can't believe we're finally here." He jumped down to where she was and took his hat off and placed it on her head. She could feel the heat in her cheeks and ears so she tilted the hat to hide her face and smiled softly.

"I'm sorry Nami. I'm sorry to all of you. I couldn't do anything to protect you all," He clinched his fist, "then I made you all listen to my foolish request and made you wait for 2 years." He started biting his lip to the point it was starting to bleed. She held his hand and stared at him.

"Luffy, don't apologize. It's not your fault. We were also weak and powerless. We couldn't even be there when-" she stopped. Luffy tightly gripped her hand when she said this.

"Sorry Luffy I didn't mean to. I just want you to know that you shouldn't blame yourself for anything. You can't take the blame for yourself. After all we are a crew. Your Nakama." She said staring into his eyes which drew her in.

"You're right. I'm sorry Nami I'm stuoud for forgetting that." He grinned at her. They sat there in silence after that. She could feel his warmth next to her. It comforted her. She started to feel fuzzy and tingly inside.

She turned to Luffy and stared at him. She slowly grabbed both his hands. He just smiled. She was feeling herself moving closer to him. Almost as if his presence was pulling her in. She wanted to cover herself in him.

She had started noticing how she felt about Luffy after the Arlong incident. She would see him and get flustered. Just being by him would make her happy. If he was happy she was happy.
She didn't fully understand these feelings until it was too late and he was gone. She had realised she loved him and she couldn't be near him for 2 years. It hurt her to a point she had thought of self harm, but knew this would hurt Luffy. So she suppressed these feelings for the 2 years. It was hard. Some nights she cried herself to sleep thinking about him. Finally he is right here though. Right now in front of her.

Her face slowly came up his and then there lips met. She backed away and noticed Luffy was wide eyed. She went in again except this time wasn't pulling back. She pushed herself into him and hugged him. She pushed her lips hard into his and started licking his lips asking for entry. He opened his mouth and their tongues met. They wrestled. She grabbed onto his back and started pulling him in. She couldn't get enough of this. She removed her mouth for a second to breath only to go back at it again. She rubbed herself all over him while moaning through the kiss. She then realised what she was doing. She stopped.

She backed up and just started at Luffy. 'What hell did I just do'. She felt her stomach start to ache. Luffy was dazed. He didn't know what just happened. She wanted to get out of there and die. She was so embarrassed. She dashed to the womens quarters and hurried into bed. She just laid there red as a tomato she felt her heart being constricted. 'Why? Why? Why? Nami you're so stupid.' She said to herself. She started to cry and cried until she fell asleep.

Little did she know, but she woke up Robin. All Robin did was chuckle. She had guessed what happened. To Robin the fact Nami loved Luffy was obvious. She was always staring at him and was smiling everytime they spoke. She eventually fell back asleep.

~Back to Luffy~

Luffy was confused. Why did Nami just do that? He slumped down and held his knees to his chest and grabbed his hat which had fallen off Nami when she ran, he placed it on his head.

'Why is my face so hot? Why did my heart beat so fast? Why do I feel so embarrassed? Why do I feel so, happy?' Luffy just sat there until he fell asleep.

Neither Nami or Luffy had noticed, but Zoro was in the crows nest doing night time training and he had saw it all. He clinched his fist and slammed into the wall. He felt tears run down his face. 'Why? Why did SHE have to go and do that? That bitch!' Zoro only cried harder. He felt so much pain. He loved Luffy. His existence was Luffy. Everything he did was for Luffy. His life was Luffy's. Without Luffy he would be nothing.

He sat with his knees to his chest like Luffy, but instead he cried. He kept crying and cursing himself for not doing something and cursed Nami for doing what he couldn't. He stopped. 'Think rationally Zoro. Nami took the move. Maybe Luffy doesn't feel the same.' Zoro stood up and walked down to bring a blanket to Luffy.

He stood there staring at Luffy and smirked. "That harpy can try and get him, but that doesn't mean I won't try either." He sat next to Luffy and leaned into him and covered them with the blanket. He laid his head into Luffy's neck. He could stay like this forever and he'd never get tired of it. "Goodnight captain."

Thank you for reading chapter 1 of my fanfic! I might drop this already because I don't like how it turned out, but if anyone wants me to continue I will. All comments are appreciated good or bad.