kissing in the rain

You laid your head on China's shoulder as you strolled through the park together.

Your fingers were intertwined with hers, a few kisses occasionally pressed to your head as she brushed her lips against it.

You're just enjoying the warm afternoon together. The sky has been full of dark grey clouds since you opened your eyes this morning.

But it hasn't rained yet so you're enjoying your walk and your quality time with your girl.

"I've missed you," you whispered and lifted your head to look at China.

Her eyes were bright and she leaned in to kiss your cheek, pulling away with a bright smile on her face.

"I've missed you too."

You looked up at the sky, frowning over the dark clouds. There was a slight breeze, some leaves from the trees falling onto the ground as the branches swayed.

"It looks like it might rain." You said and China looked up at the sky then shrugged her shoulders.

"It's been looking like that all day so far, babe." She chuckled and brushed her thumb along your knuckles.

You sighed but let it go, not quite ready to be done with your walk with China.

You were talking about anything and everything together as you continue your stroll. But you were interrupted by a few drops of rain fall on your shoulders.

China felt a few fall onto her head, followed by a clap of thunder in the distance.

She turned her head to look at you, both of you exchanging a look, knowing you should turn back now before it gets too bad.

You turned back around, feeling thankful that you hadn't gone that far yet and would be to the dry, warm car in just a few minutes.

And they were a few long ones at that. Your walk turned into more of a run as you and China hurried through the pouring rain to try to get to the car as fast as possible.

But she stopped running a couple of moments after you first started. The rain was letting up a little and she was tired of running.

When she stopped and you turned around, she suddenly realized how romantic the situation was.

Seeing you standing there in the rain made her heart flutter uncontrollably. You looked breathtakingly beautiful and she couldn't help but pull you close as her heart swelled with love in her chest.

"What?" You chuckled as you noticed the sparkles in her eyes and the way a sweet smile tugged at her lips before she dropped her forehead onto yours.

"Nothing. I just love you so much."

"I love you too." You said and smiled at her as she leaned in, ready to kiss your lips.

The brush of her lips on yours was soft and sweet, at first.

You melted into the kiss and felt her lace her fingers through your hair as you cupped her cheek, pulling her closer as your lips began to move passionately against hers.

She let out a soft sigh against your lips, relishing in how they taste. Although the rain was soaking through your clothes and hers and it was just a little chilly as the breeze blew again, it was all so romantic and neither of you could get enough.

But soon, you both needed to get a little air in your lungs, so you pulled away.

She moved her hands to your hips and kept her lips close to yours, so close her warm breath fanned against yours.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you too."

"Are you cold?" She wondered and you shook your head, putting your forehead on yours.

"No, I'm comfortable." You said, pecking her lips. "And I don't want this moment to end. So kiss me again."

"Oh, happily, my love," she smiled and pushed her lips onto yours for another loving kiss, not quite ready for these moments with you to be over either.