Chapter 1: New Beginnings

Astraea's Pov:

I hate him. I have hated him since I saw his smug, bratty face at 11 years old. Now I'm in my fifth year watching him parade around acting cocky and arrogant to anyone who crosses his path as usual hoping those beautiful grey eyes don't glance in my direction. It doesn't matter that he has gotten substantially more attractive since the first year and he is obviously toned. I wonder what it would feel like to arch against him as I-

"Astraea, are you even listening to me!?" my best friend Arabella pulls me from my inappropriate daydream.

"Sorry Ara, I don't know where my head has been lately." I quickly apologize.

"It's fine Raea, but can you please listen. As I was saying, have you seen all the kids in our year?! What happened over summer break? Did they all drink some special water or? Because they all are looking fit as hell!"

"ARA!" I exclaim in embarrassment.

"Oh come on Raea, I have seen you checking them all out too. Don't go acting modestly on me now!" she coyly giggles at me.

"Fine, Fine but can we go to the great hall now. I am starving!" I ask her as we continue walking from our common room, changing our route from the library to the great hall.

"Oh my god, finally! I thought you would never change your mind about going to the library! We were nearly there too, Raea...you gave me quite the scare." she cheerfully exclaims, "You know me Ara, food before books...as much as I love to read, I am in desperate need of some food right now!" I clarify.

"As much as I love you, I severely question your judgment. It's the first day back and you were already dragging me to the library with you. We haven't even been back to our dorm yet!" she exclaims in disdain.

"Well we aren't going anymore are we, so stop complaining." I bluntly state as we begin to enter the great hall and see everyone conversing with their friends after a long summer. I go make my way towards my friends in Gryffindor and sit in between my two favorite Weasley's with Ara sitting across from us in between Harry and Ron.

"Well, well, well...look who decided to join us. Did the books suddenly decide they loathe your presence Raea?" Fred flirtatiously questions me, "Like how your last hookup did, Fred?" I cockily remark back at him.

"There she is! Our favorite girl!" Fred and George exclaim as they throw their arms around myself.

"Yea, yea I missed you goons too." I chuckled as I hug them back.

"So how was your summer, everyone?" I ask around to my friend group of Hermione, Ron, Harry, Ara, Neville, Fred, George, Ginny, and for per usual Luna sitting at our table. "Good, good. You should come to the Burrow next year with us. We missed you and it will be so much fun!" Hermione exclaims, "Mione, you know I would but you know how my parents are. Always wanting to spend time with me since I never see them at Christmas anymore. Glad to hear your summer was good tho!" I kindly reply.

Fred and George swing their arms over me and the table makes effortless conversation over dinner, laughing, smiling, and enjoying each other's company. Dinner nears an end but the great hall is still heavily populated. Harry looks over at me then glances upward.

"Raea....stay calm...don't do anything reckless." he cautiously states while looking at me then looking up.

I turn around as someone puts their hand on my shoulder. "Raea...can we talk?" Cormac hesitantly asks. I swat his hand away, stand up, and come face to face with him. My friend group has ceased talking, giving me their full attention just in case things don't end well...which they won't.