1 | The Handover

"I will pass this blue puppy to you. Take good care of her."

January the Twentieth, Twenty Nineteen. When my cousin Joe said these words to me, I felt very touched as I carried my puppy Blue once in a while. I have never held her since my childhood years when Steve, another cousin of mine, owned the blue puppy. And now it's all in my hands.

I have seen Blue growing up, and thank God she is still alive and well. If she died I would've burst myself into tears because of the feeling of how I really missed her since I was a little kid.

"Josh," noticed Joe. "I am moving to a new house. I will be going on the first day of my job at the present store. For now, just take care of the rest." Present store? I thought. I mean, isn't that located almost close to Steve's office? Of course, it seems so.

He then grabbed his bag and his suitcase and headed through the main door. "Good luck, Josh," he bade. Josh. Yes. Josh, I am. Both of my cousins have taken over Blue and the house in turns for several years. I felt how lively it is to be the sole holder of this place. "Bye, Blue," Joe bade again, rubbing over the blue puppy's soft fur on her head. "Bow-bow!" she barked as she gave her former owner the last hug. Joe knew how adorable Blue is right now. "Aww, such a cute dog. See you soon."

As he exited the house and walked along the way to his new house, I sat on the thinking chair which my cousins have been using for a long time. Luckily I don't see any damage, but just the dirt sticking onto its fabric. "So Blue," I said quietly, "how can I enjoy spending time with you..." "Bow-bow-bow." She said she doesn't know. I could ever hardly recognize her cutest barks. When Joe came to my house a year ago, he taught me how to understand what Blue was talking about. Nobody in the world would understand her except me, Joe, and Steve.

"Oh. What about a game of... Fetch!" I grabbed a yellow ball which she used to play before, but Blue seems to not like it. Instead, she barked in a low tone. "Bow-bow..." How come? I thought she has enjoyed playing a game of fetch since I was a child, but the only game she loves to play is Blue's Clues, which is one thing we've been doing the whole time.

And something came up in my mind. "Aha! What about we'll watch some of the favorite memories of your former owners?" "Bow-bow!" Blue barked excitedly. She missed her former owners, and she knew they were always being kind to her. She ran for the shelf and grabbed a VHS cassette tape labeled "Blue's First Clue". I have never watched that tape. That has been there for a long time. When she gave the tape to me, I inserted it into the player and pressed the play button. And as the tape progressed, I saw my cousin in his young self and his brother, who was still a baby at that time. Yes, there's Blue too, and she looked cute as a baby! I wasn't born yet during the time that video was recorded. Blue then laid down on my lap and we both watched together. Ah, how lovely my cousins are.

I removed the tape when the video was finished, and Blue, sitting down on the floor, felt sad. She really missed Steve and Joe. They have been playing with her since she was a little puppy. I picked her up and lightly stroke her head. "It'll be okay," I said to her. "I know you really miss Steve and Joe very much. Of course, I miss them too. But you'll see them again for some time."

Yikes, my story doesn't have a cover yet... Well, guess I have to make one for it soon... Anyways, I really love how simple it is to write this fanfic for a while, lmao.

If you enjoy reading, make sure to vote! <33