Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day

It's the day to either be in complete euphoric love.

Or in a world of hell.

These are the do's and don't's for both sides of the day.

In a relationship:

|Do's|

• Have fun

Do things that make you happy. You don't have to go big to be happy. Just staying home and cuddling with your significant other is good.
Or you could go big and do something that is new. But a far warning because it isn't a regular thing the result isn't known.

•Eat together

You can go out and eat dinner at your favorite place or a new restaurant.
Or you could stay in and make a home cooked meal. It's the cheaper and more romantic route.

•Dress Nice

Valentine's Day is once a year, this is the time to look good for your significant other! A pair of dark jeans and cute shirt will do. It's good to feel pretty and nice every once in a while.

Small Gifts

Little gifts are perfect for everyone. And they give you the chance to get creative. Simple notes here and there with terms of admirations for them. Or cards placed in areas where significant events took place.

Chocolate

It's a must. There doesn't have to be much, but it's a given on Valentine's Day. You don't even have to eat it. (Yes you do) place it in a cute dish or on the dinner table.

Kisses

No I do not mean making out. Kisses on the cheek or nose every once in a while. Don't go over board and do it every three seconds. Just little actions that show you care. They are the most simple thing that can hold the most weight.

Talk

Talk to your significant other about where you stand and your plans for the future. Not distant future, but maybe summer. We are still in the beginning of the year and we can still plan for this year.

|Don't's|

•Show a lot of affection in Public

Be considerate of others. Just because you are in love, doesn't mean everyone else is. Just respect others and their feelings.

Go Overboard

(Literally too) Don't go to extremes to make things happen. Love is a natural thing and is suppose to be taken in stride. So don't go insane and do something that isn't like you.

Engage in discussions that will lead to conflict.

This is the one day of the year where there should be no fighting or yelling. Just go with the flow and don't push things.

Make dinner without a back up

Trust me, too many times something goes wrong and there is no alternative. Bring a simple back-up. Just in case things go disarray.

•Buy something you will never use again

Don't be wasteful in anyway. Be considerate when purchasing an item. You do still get a credit card bill at the end of the month, and Valentine's Day isn't excluded from it.

|Enjoy|

I hope these tips helped your Valentine's go well with your significant other.

***************************************************************************************************************************

Not in a relationship:

|Do's|

•Watch Movies

Watch movies you enjoy. Preferably not romance though. Many cases watching romance movies get you upset. I recommend action. It's something to get you blood pumping.

Read a book

Once agin, no romance. Read a book that is thought provoking. It will cause you to think about what you read and sometimes even draw a bigger curiosity for it.

Homework

Yes I know we all hate it. But if you are a college or high school student, you most likely have homework.

•Go to a Party

For singles preferably. This will stop any chance of awkwardness with seeing other couples. This will put you out there and you will be forced to speak with other people. It may also find you a good friend.

•Paint your Nails

This activity gives you something to do as well as a pretty ending.

Sleepover

And yes this is for all ages. Invite other non-relationship friends over and party it out. You can be the anti-Valentine's day club.

•Catch up on TV Shows

This is a day you have free. Why not use it to catch up on things you've missed; or start a new obsession with a tv show.

|Dont's|

•Go out to Eat

You will run into every couple known to man. Order in and fun a night.

•Watch Valentine's Specials

This just won't create a good outcome. You will be upset.

Call Him/Her

Yes him. The guy/girl you wanted to be your Valentine. It's not worth the emotional stress it can cause you. If they didn't ask you, they aren't worth it.

Lay in Bed all Day

Come on its life. Get up and be productive. When you just lay there it gives your mind a chance to run wild with the "what ifs". They aren't worth it. Do something that can get your mind off it.

|Enjoy|

I hoped these tips helped your single Valentine's Day go well.

************************************************************************************************************

A/N: This is going to be a new series for me. Of Do's and Dont's for all different types of situations.

I thought this would be a good one to do because of the day.

Let me know what you think.

Please give me suggestions.

Please

Comment

Vote

Fan

Follow

And Keep on Reading.

Love,

•C