Chapter One

I looked at the window as Jonathan waved his hand once more within my view.

He's Gone.

I felt the earth shake, my mind started to race and my heart felt like it would pump out of my chest.

The sky turned dark grey.

The sun hide behind the clouds as my own storm started to brew.

I knew he needed to protect our country and with us living in Texas, it wouldn't be so bad.

“Naima, I know you understand baby it's just for a little while. ” Jonathan spoke to me three nights ago as he sat on the bar stool, then fidgeted around with his wedding band.

I looked at him and smiled, “Baby, I know”

He smiled as his reassurance soothed me over just a bit.

Here I am now waking up in the middle of the night having the same dream, that I've had four months ago when he left.

I lie away as I hear the wind crash up against the side of the house, while I just looked at the ceiling watching the fan go around and around.

I decided to get up and walked to the closet.

Once there, I seen the dog-tag in which Jonathan had left for me along with a box of other trinkets, and small things he kept.

I missed my husband, and it truly breaks my heart now more than ever that he away at war.

This war is set to be half around the world.

I grabbed the dog-tag and placed the latch around my neck as I clasped it together.

I needed strength and divinity in order to get through this.

Walking into the bathroom after I retrieved my clothing, I put on my tunes as I grabbed the body wash from the cabinet as well as a towel.

Turning the water on as I removed my satin night gown from my mahogany skin, and placed my small fro in a shower cap then proceeded to the shower.

The steam filled the bathroom as I heard “Someone To Love,” echoing within the walls.

Multiple times I exhaled and inhaled as my mind started to race.

I felt the weight of the world on my shoulders.

I should have told him, I said aloud.

I should have told him before he left that day that I was pregnant..