1

Ray remembers everything.

Even when he's still a fetus in his mom's womb. (this is so fucking unrealistic)

He also remembers when he's arriving in Graicefield Orphanage. He was a 6-month-old baby back then.

He saw the outside world for 4 weeks. Then finally was locked up in the so-called orphanage. But he knew this place is the farm, where humans were the cage animals and the one who was harvested.

He found out that he was strange because unlike the others, he remembers things that they don't. He even remembers the insignificant detail in his everyday life. 

He knew that Mom, also known as Isabella is his biological mom, but he never asks why she never told him personally that she's his real mother, and he also never asks about the beings he saw back when he is still a 6-month-old baby.

He knew that if he ever brings this up his life might not be safe anymore.

He found out that intelligence is the key to live long enough until twelve years old.

How did he know? easy just piece things up together, after all, why would we need to be tested and study every day when we will only die before we get to use the things we learn, and making their food intelligent will only bring harm than good, so he concluded that the demons or monster like to eat the brain, especially an intelligent kids brain.

But Demons also eat animals, the normal animal, how did he know? he saw it back when mom and he, were traveling to Graicefield Orphanage. Animals are not that intelligent making them low-class food, while us humans even if we have 0 scores in the test we were still better than animals, who don't know, how to cook, how to draw, how to talk and etc. 

He has two best-friend, one is a literal genius and the other one is an energetic friend. He never really approach them, after all, he doesn't know when they will be harvested so it's better to not get attached.

But the energetic orange hair girl just has to befriend everybody in the orphanage including him.

That's why he's stuck in the current predicament, an enthusiastic walking tangerine sat beside him and a white-haired genius sat in front of him.

The walking tangerine's name is Emma, while the jack frost's name is Norman.

Currently, they were 6, he questioned his self how Emma was still not 'adopted' on how dumb she is. Emma never really takes studying seriously, but she always gets a good score, it's like lady luck is with her every day, But if she wants to befriend him, then she must study enough to get a good score, after all, he never knew when her luck will run out. 

He doesn't want to get attached to people that will be dead soon. That will only become a hindrance.

Currently, they're studying, Ray's bad subject is math, while Norman's bad point is remembering things, Emma is both.

Ray will turn 7 soon, with only 1 month left before his birthday. He enthusiastically waited for his birthday gift because he asks mom for another book for his birthday but this time a murder mystery book. 

The reason he wanted a murder mystery book? well...

"Ray! This is boring" Emma whined. "Oh, I know let's play tag with the others!" Emma excitedly said to her two best friends.

"Yeah, Ray let's play tag," Norman said agreeing on what his enthusiastic friend suggested.

"fine, but only two rounds and I'm out," Ray said irritatedly while putting the book that is about poisonous plants and animals. This is the birthday gift that he ask mom about when he turned 6.

Ray agreed because he needs exercise and things like that.

Emma's antenna pricks up when her quiet best friend agreed on playing with them, with that Emma drag Ray to where the kids were playing and followed by Norman who was happily smiling while walking.

Norman likes Ray a lot. Ray is the second friend he ever made. And because of it, he's happy when he gets to spend time with his two best friends.

"Heyyyyyyy!" Emma shouted excitedly while wagging her unoccupied hand.

"Emma! Norman! and... Ray!" The other kids respond clearly happy on seeing Emma, Norman, and Ray.

"Let's play Tag!" Emma shouted.

There's never a day that Emma didn't shout, Ray thought, quite displeased on how loud his friend is.

"Norman is it," Ray said with boring written on his face.

"ok," Norman happily agreed on his friend's suggestion. Followed by a happy Emma noise.

--------------------------------------------------------------

There are only 2 minutes left. Ray has been avoiding Norman so that he won't be found. 

And before he knew it, he was found by Norman and a chase began.

And he was caught.

He could never physically hide from Norman and run from Norman anyway so he accepts defeat.

"So am I the last one that got caught?" Ray asked quite happy that it took a lot of time before he got tag.

"Yup" Norman happily answered.

----------------------------------------------------------

It's dinner, tonight is the night for one of the old kids to be 'adopted'.

All were happy for the kid, except Ray. He doesn't feel anything, he's feeling gone numb on his siblings getting adopted or better yet killed every month.

He acted like the usual like no one will die today, he learns to act since he notices he was different and it gets better as days pass that even Mom didn't notice that Ray is only acting oblivious to this whole farm and harvesting thing.

He was a liar and a fake, he knew this. He was never real.

He felt guilty for his so-called best friend, but he doesn't show it, he just smiled acting happy for one of the kids that will get adopted.

That kid is always looking after him. He was one of his close 'friends'. He acted sad but happy for his friend, but deep inside he doesn't care. 

Ray is sacred of himself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the kid left to get 'adopted' all the kids gone to their bed and sleep.

Ray carried the book he was reading earlier, he hasn't finished it because he was also busy reading other books for studying purposes but he is about to finish it today.

As he was reading the last chapter, he heard a gentle call.

"Ray" 

He looks at the source and found a smiling  Isabella also known as Mom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

1081 words-

Recreating my AU cause I feel like it.