Leaving Forks

Alice never wanted to leave Forks. Maybe it was best for her to get some distance from Bella, let her live a normal life as if she never existed. She put the blame on herself for not being more careful during the birthday party. She couldn't have for seen Jasper trying to kill Bella. She also saw the danger that she was putting herself in because they left. They just disappeared. She hated having to leave the only town she's ever known. She had to go, help Jasper recover from his overwhelming guilt for putting himself in the way of commiting murder on his brothers mate. For months he refused to talk about the event. She never felt so empty and alone when their together.

She knew that they completed each other. Now there so far apart it might stay this way if she doesn't do something to help him feel better. She walked over to him, as he finally popped his head out of the book he was reading, looked at her for thirty seconds.

He wouldn't even greet her.

He could tell that she was hurting inside. He shoved his pride away, moved closer to his pixie.

"Sorry you're hurting because of me." he spoke to her for the first time in months. His voice was music to her ears.

"I'm not mad." she lied

She had to lie. He knew that she was lying straight to his face.

"Yes you are. If it wasn't for me then we'd still be at home."

"no I'm not mad. Stop blaming yourself for that. Bella forgave you."

"I could have killed her."

"You didn't."

Alice sat several inches away from her husband. Trying hard not to fall apart. He was in enough pain already.

"Edward was right. I could have but I didn't."

Alice was a little annoyed by his ability to listen to anyone else besides her in times like this. She knew that Edward was the only one he'd really listen to.
***
Jasper was having a hard time believing that Bella forgave him for almost killed her. He should have hunted more before the party. Then maybe the situation could have been prevented better. He lacked self control. Now it was hurting the only person he's ever loved.

Alice was missing Bella because she considered her a member of the family long before they met each other. They were like sisters. It's the right thing to do. By leaving town. Giving them some space, without any interference.

Edward was a man of his word. Being the older brother he had to uphold those words that were made even if he disagreed with it. He didn't state his options very much. It wasn't going to change his mind.

Edward's gone.

It's just him and Alice.

Deep down he misses his brother. He often wondered how he was doing. where he was going. No one had a clue or even a single hint on his where abouts.