My Hand Is For You

"Hurry up!" Yelled Kari.

"Yeah , Jessi, you take forever," added Corinne.

"Um ya I agree with them, jessi!" pipped in Mikalya.

"Omg guys I'm trying to hurry geeze!!" I finally replied. The four of us were formal dress shopping. This year it was special, we didn't have dates and we didn't go last year, our freshman year. We were going as the best group ever. The four of us had our favorite dress that we picked out on. Kari had on a black, mid-thigh length, body-con dress. Corinne had a pale pink, short, full skirt dress with a black skinny belt. Mikayla had a light blue, strapless, high low dress. I had on a cream colored, full skirt dress with sheer connecting the the top of the sweet heart neckline to the black collar, mine also had a black skinny belt sinching my waist in.We looked pretty bomb not gonna lie. After we picked out our shoes and jewelry to go with and paid of course, we left the store to drive home.

It was a two hour drive back to our little town. It was a good thing Corinne could drive so didn't need our parents. After two hours of jamming to music in the car we arrived to Mikayla's. Kari, Corinne, Mikayla, and I stayed up till 3:00 am trying to figure out what hair and makeup we were going to have even though formal was two months away. Once we woke up and had some breakfast we all went home so we could get ready for school the next day.

It was Monday the worst day of the week. Mainly because a lot of people were tired and not morning people at all. The whole day was pretty boring until the end of 5th period when Mikayla and I get to go to lunch with Kari and Corinne. The four of us sit in a hall were no one can bother us and talk about boys, stupid people in our classes, and how our days have been. After lunch I go to 6th which is snooze fest galore. Thankfully my 7th period is great. In it is Corinne, Kari, and I plus it's drama who doesn't love drama. One other thing that makes drama the best is that Bean is in that class.

Bean is the guy I like. I've liked him since the beginning freshman year. I just can't but like him with his gorgeous brown eyes, messy brown hair, and the fact he's tall. Bean's real name is Ben and I can't remember why I started calling him that in the first place, but it caught on now pretty much every one calls him that. I used to get mad when people called him that because it was my name for him but now I'm chill about it.

V. is my drama teacher she is also my favorite. I was excited when she said we had to split up into group one of singers, one of actors, and one of dancers. Of course Corinne and I go to the dance group and Kari went to the acting group. Then V. Separated us all into another group with combined actors, singers, and dancers. I got Kari in my group and some more people. The last person to get chosen for my group was Bean. I was so happy that he was in my group for my finale but also sad because Corinne wasn't in my group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We spent the last twenty minutes of class thinking of what broadway song we would do for our finale. We finally thought of We Both Reached For The Gun from Chicago. Kari was Mary Sunshine, Bean was Billy Flin, I was Roxie, and the three other guys in our group were reporters. If you've ever seen Chicago then you would know that Billy Flin has his hand touching Roxie's back the whole time. That fact honestly made me really happy. Then the bell rang and school was out. Corinne and I waved Mikayla and Kari goodbye as we walked our separate ways.

Corinne turned towards me "so your with Bean huh?" She said with a smile on her face.

"Yep I'm with Bean," I said as I threw a smile back towards her.

"Well aren't you little miss lucky pants getting to be with your crush," she laughed.

"Oh be quite," I retorted with a little giggle.