Prologue

The year is 2136. The world is a good and peaceful place. There is no war, no hunger and no suffering. Everyone and everything is balanced and people live full and happy lives. That is if you're and Elite or even an Average. The uppper sanctions always have everything they could ever need. Free medical care, assigned jobs and an entirely predetermined lifeline. Lifelines are what make a person who they are. If your lifeline is clean then you are an Average. In order to be an Elite you must be born into one of the families of power. There are many different famalies of power but the most powerful are The Dailey's. They are responsible for every descision that is ever made regarding the World Union. Oh, The World Union. Our home, made up of every land mass on Terra, which is wht we call earth. After the war was over, the world needed a fresh start, so, all the countries joined together and the World Union was formed. The Dailey's were the people who started it all. There is only one downfall to the system. Anyone who came from a damaged lifeline before the war like the criminals, the poor or the disabled, well now, their descendants make up the Expendables. The people who were rejected when the Union was formed.

The Expendables were rounded up, given identification numbers and shipped off to the Afterland. A continent that was once known as Australia. The Expendables live lifes of hardship and sorrow while the rest of the citizens live in Sanctia or The Eastern Front. The Average live in The Eastern Front ad The Elite, belong to Sanctia. Once a month, the world of the privilidged and the impoverished meet, when the supplies for the Expendables are shipped in and divied between the people. In return The Expendables provide the upper sanctions with natural resources like coal, copper, steel and oil. Other than that the two never come together. That is until they found me. My name is Diana Westerfield, I am Fifteen years old and I am an Expendable. At least that is what I was always told. Now I the the truth. This is my story. It is also the story of how our society changed forever.