Unspoken Bonds

Lunch Time

At lunchtime, you spotted your best friend Lisa sitting alone in the cafeteria. Deciding to surprise her, you crept up quietly and suddenly shouted.

Y/N: "BOOM!"

Lisa jumped in her seat, her face a mix of shock and amusement. You burst into laughter, unable to contain your joy at her startled reaction.

Lisa: "Oh girl! You scared the shit out of me!"

She threw her arms around you in a hug, and you eagerly returned it.

Lisa: "What are you doing here? Weren't you expelled?"

Y/N: "It's a long story; I'll tell you later. I missed you so much."

You pouted, and Lisa's expression softened.

Lisa: "I missed you more."

You both caught up, chatting animatedly about everything except Taehyung. As the school day came to an end, you realized you didn't know how to get back home. Lost in thought, you were relieved to see Taehyung waiting for you by his car.

You rushed over and got inside.

Y/N: "Thank God you came to pick me up. I don't even know the exact address of our house."

Taehyung: "How was your day?"

Y/N: "It was amazing! I saw my friends, my best friend too..."

You continued narrating every detail of your day, Taehyung listening attentively without interrupting. When you arrived home, you were so engrossed in recounting your day that you didn't notice the car had stopped.

Taehyung: "Y/N, we've arrived."

Y/N: "Oh! I'm sorry, I didn't realize."

You quickly exited the car. Taehyung parked and followed you inside.

Taehyung: "Hungry?"

Y/N: "Starving."

Taehyung: "Want to go out or eat something here?"

Y/N: "Wasn't there a maid this morning? Didn't she cook for us?"

Taehyung: "She had an emergency and left."

Y/N: "Let's go out then; I love street food."

Taehyung: "Alright. Go change, and we'll head out."

You dashed upstairs to change, while Taehyung changed in another room. When you came downstairs, you found Taehyung waiting.

Y/N: "Where should we go?"

Taehyung: "Anywhere you'd like."

Y/N: "Shall we skip restaurants and go for street food instead?"

Taehyung: "As you wish, my princess."

You chuckled at his endearing comment. He was heading towards his car when you called out to him.

Y/N: "Tae?"

He turned to face you.

Taehyung: "What's up, princess?"

Y/N: "Um, can we walk instead?"

Taehyung: "We could, but we'd get there by tomorrow morning. Still want to walk?"

Y/N: "No, it's fine. We'll take the car."

You both hopped into the car, and Taehyung started driving.

Y/N: "Tae?"

Taehyung: "Hmm?"

Y/N: "Do you think I talk too much?"

Taehyung: "Yes, you do."

Y/N: "Did I tire you out with all my talking?"

Taehyung: "No, princess."

Y/N: "Why not?"

Taehyung remained silent, focusing on driving. The ride continued in quiet until you reached your destination.

Taehyung: "We're here."

Y/N: "Okay."

You both got out of the car and began walking towards the street food vendors.

Y/N: "I'm sorry, Tae. I can't cook."

Taehyung: "It's alright. You'll learn when the time comes."

He smiled warmly at you.

Y/N: "Tae, I know I'm not as mature as you might want me to be, but I'll try to grow up faster."

Taehyung: "I understand, Y/N. It's challenging for both of us to adjust to this marriage. We both have different expectations, which may not be fulfilled right away."

Y/N: "I wish I could mature faster for you."

Taehyung: "It's not your fault. You'll adapt in time. I know this marriage and all that comes with it are very sudden for you."

Y/N: "Thank you, Tae, for understanding. I'll try my best to understand you too."

You enjoyed various street foods together, and as it neared midnight, you decided to head home. The car ride back was silent. Unknowingly, you fell asleep.

Taehyung: "Y/N, we're home."

He found you sleeping peacefully and decided not to wake you. Gently, he picked you up in a bridal carry and took you to your bedroom. After freshening up, he lay beside you, falling asleep while holding you close.

Time Skip

Nearly a month had passed since your marriage. Things were going smoothly—Taehyung dropped you off at school and picked you up every day. Many of your schoolmates were infatuated with him, but you had managed to avoid conflicts. You hadn't told Lisa about your marriage, and she often asked about Taehyung, but you evaded her questions.

On your day off, you decided to bake a cake for Taehyung as a surprise. Following a YouTube tutorial, you made a cake and planned to deliver it to him at his office.

You arrived at the office and approached the receptionist.

Receptionist: "Ma'am, do you have an appointment with Mr. Kim?"

Y/N: "No, I don't. I'm his wife, so I don't need an appointment."

Receptionist: "Sorry, ma'am, I can't let you in without Mr. Kim's permission. You can wait here; he's in a meeting right now. I'll let him know you're here."

Y/N: "Alright."

As you were about to head to the waiting room, a female employee approached you with a hostile expression.

Girl: "Stay away from my boyfriend, you slut!"

The insult hit you hard.

Y/N: "For your information, I'm his wife, and you're the one acting like a slut here."

Girl: "Don't lie. He's not married, and how dare you call me a slu—"

She was interrupted by her own realization, her eyes widening in shock.

Girl: "I-I'm s-sorry..."

Your gaze was steely, but you chose to remain calm, confident in your own standing.

4o mini