Joker is a cuck

Margaretha wasn't one to run away; no matter how hard things got. Yet, this time she just couldn't get the effort to dodge and plead. She burst out the side door, the wind fluttering her skirt. She gasped for air and hopes he doesn't find her. Her husband often made her play out situations worse, and it never played out good. In the quiet of the night she dreamt of a life without him, or the circus. She even thought of leaving this shithole once and for all.

"Margie?"

The voice snapped her out of her day dream and brought her back on her feet. Her delusions of a happy life were dissipated almost instantly.

"Hello mike, what are you doing out this late?" She asked pretending to be naive. "Well I could say the same to you." He was carrying his usual act, the witty bastard type she seemed to always have a special spot for. "Oh well I could always use some fresh air." He looked at her with those eyes he always uses when she lies; she knows she shouldn't feel the way she does, but she always feels safer with him. As if he understood her better, like she should stay here for him.

"Are you sure your okay Margie?" Mike asked peering up at her. "Oh yes! I'm doing great actually.. thank you."

"What was the name of that one song.. the one we danced to that one night?" The question warmed Margie's heart, Mike always loved her music. They would dance for hours before Sergei started dating her. "Carolina in the morning?" Mike put out his hand. "Yeah that's the one."

Margie took his hand and started to hum the melody to herself. Her eyes were closed as she buried her head in his neck. She stood on his feet as he moved her around. The wind made his hair flutter around. He smelled like roses and wood, it must have been that perfume she gave him.

In the distance Margaretha heard thunder, and soon she felt the light drizzle of rain. Mike started to hum along with her and started swinging her around in his arm. She belted out a hearty laugh and wrapped her arms around his neck.

They never needed words, just each other being there was always enough. Neither of them expected anything from the other it was always so simple. Margie wished it could be like this all the time. She twirled him and he twirled her they were dancing in the rain. It had been so long since Margaretha felt like this.

"I missed this." Mike said softly.

"Me too"

She thought of how this moment could only last a small while longer. The dread and happiness of it all melted in her stomach. She couldn't hold herself together anymore. She let out a cry and gripped mike in her arms.

He didn't say anything and let her cry into his shoulder as he sang and waltzed her around. She knew she had to go back and so did he; this moment could only go on for so long. They mourned this together as they danced together drenched and cold.