Chapter 1

"Wake up y/n it's time for work." I start to open my eyes to see Lilian sitting at the end of my bed. I didn't want to to go to work but I had too. I've already missed 3 days because of my injury but it's not my fault, Newt wouldn't let me work even though I was perfectly fine. I look at her and sigh "I know, I know" I stand up and walk to my dresser. I pull out a pair of pants, a white tank top, and some clean underwear. I look at Lilian and nod my head towards the door. She nodded back at me stood up and walked out of our room. Lilian and I share a room since we are the only girls here. I hurry up and get dressed when I hear a knock at the door. It was Newt. Newt always likes to pick me up for breakfast. It's always been our little tradition. "Y/n are you awake?" He asks while slowing opening my door. "Ya I'm awake. I just got dressed and I was about to get breakfast." I answer while waking to my door. He smiles and grabs my hand. "Then let me take you there."
~
We walked over to a table and sat down beside Minho and Lilian. "Glad to see your awake." Lilian said with a smirk on her face. Newt and I both laugh. I turn around to see Gally and his so called friends talking. I stand up and walk over to him and sit down beside him. "Hey Gally." He looks at me like his gonna punch me or something. "What do you want y/n" he mumbles. I look at him and giggle. "I hope your not ashamed of me Gally, I'm your sister and everybody already knows that." He rolls his eyes while his friends laugh there tiny brains out. "Can't you just go be with your little boy toy." Boy toy? Does he mean Newt? Newt and I have been friends ever since I came up in the box. Me and him always hangout and I don't think there is a single day we don't. Sure we have cute nicknames for each other but I swear we are just friends. I wonder why Gally would say that. "Do you mean Newt?" I ask. "Yes actually I do mean Newt. Now leave." I stand up and walk back to me seat beside Newt. Lilian looks at me with a concerned look "are you ok?" She mouthed. "Ya I'm fine just Gally is so mean sometimes." Lilian and I  the only ones with siblings in the glade. So we both understand what it is like even though her and her brother are really close. I didn't even notice but Newt was gone. I turn around to see him grabbing two plates of Frypans delicious pancakes. He walks back and sits down beside me passing me a plate. I place the plate down on the table and look at Newt. "What is it love?" He asks. Love? Why did he call me love? I have known Newt for a very long time and he had never called me love before... maybe it's just a new nickname he has for me....? "O-o-oh n-n-nothing" what the heck! Why am I stuttering!? Lilian and Minho start to laugh their heads off which only made me and everyone else sitting at the table laugh.
~
after lunch Newt and I walked over to the gardens to start working. Someone grabs my arm and starts to pull me. "What the shuck is going on!" I yell. There is no response. What the hell I going on? Who is pulling me and why are they pulling me? I whip my head around to see Thomas. Out of all the people here why is Thomas the one pulling me. He brings me over to the homestead and walks into my room. "What the shuck are we doing here Thomas? I was in the middle of gardening and you grab my arm and pull me away. What is so important you had to do that!" I raze my voice loud but not too loud for any of the gladers to hear. "Can you just calm down y/n." I sit down on the bed behind me and nod for him to continue. "The reason I pulled you away is because I need to tell you something very important. I have a crush on you. W-wait that sounds weird. I like you a lot like. Like like and I was wondering if you liked me back?" I can tell he is very nervous by the look on his face. I don't know how to tell him but I don't like him... Thomas and I aren't even that close. We barley talk only for important meanings. Maybe I should just tell him? "Thomas, I don't know how to say this but I'm really sorry. I don't like you back. I've never thought of you or us in that way. We never really talk or hangout and I just don't share the same feelings." His eyes start to fill up with tears. I could tell he was heartbroken. He stormed out of my room leaving the door wide open. I run out calling his name but he doesn't answer. I hope he is okay....

Thank you guys for reading :)
I really hope you enjoyed this chapter~
Word count: 952 words!!
Please comment pros and cons of this chapter (no hate though) tell me things I did good and bad 😙
Bye ly guys ;)
Btw sorry this page is long with big paragraphs 😬😂