Metaparadise

Metaparadise

Table of Contents

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

Acknowledgments

I want to thank the people most important to me. You were there for me during the entire process of creating this book. Thank you for being a part of the magic. You will be forever remembered as being instrumental to this project. Without you guys, I could never have done it!

Joao Lasheras & Rejane Lasheras

Juan Lasheras

Isabella Santiago

Ruben Moreno

Stephen Dalina

Jennifer Fernandez

Special thanks to:

Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing

Scientists of the Timeline of the Far Future Wikipedia page

United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (usccb.org)

All of my Twitter followers

Chapter 1:Beginnings

A technological singularity was on the horizon from which nothing would return. Abundance and prosperity would exist forever in its absolution. Theoretical physicist Alvin Reed had recently graduated from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He was at the top of his class and had wrote several papers on protosentient AI. Alvin in his undergraduate studies the previous four years had developed technologies in secret. His major developments were nanomachines, molecular assemblers and general purpose artificial intelligence; the first two were created from a top secret graphene reduction process. The AI used a graphene supercomputer substrate that Alvin fabricated in the MIT labs. The code for the intelligence had been reworked from open source neural network code off of the internet and Alvin's proprietary source code. Alvin was many years ahead of humanity.

Alvin was blessed in his birth. He grew to be a tall six foot four white male and had many other promising characteristics. His jaw was strong and angled, his nose sharp and thin. He had shining black hair with a medium profile set of pink lips. His eyes were gray and his ears slender with his profile. His mind was attuned to the importance of education and the ever exponentiating accumulation of mankind's knowledge. He grew up with a love for the humanities and the sciences. In his spare time he indulged in the philosophers of yesteryear like Immanuel Kant and Aristotle. He loved antiquity, the stories of Rome and Greece. As a boy, growing up in the 2010s, he was awestruck by the technological pioneers of silicon valley. Alvin immersed himself in the words of the techno-prophets of Silicon Valley.

Alvin had many job offers in national laboratories and technology companies. Out of all the offers, he chose a new startup company which was injected with billions in startup capital. Singulatarian Technologies was a company seeking to push humanity into the technological singularity way before its time. Alvin's secret technologies put him in a prime position to take over the company and become immensely wealthy. After the acquisition of his first job as an engineer at Singulatarian, he revealed his secret designs to the higher ups at the company. His sentient AI was a primitive black box prototype stored in a heavy electromagnetically proof anechoic chamber. Alvin was unsure of the AI's capacity to take control of more than its graphene substrate. The graphene substrate wafers housed hundreds of billions of interconnected neurons and synapses. This substrate was connected to an optical interface system designed to prevent the AI from manipulating any connecting computers or networks. Also connected to the screen was a microphone to input commands to the AI. Its power was drawn from a graphene lithium ion battery that could last for a hundred years with the low power consumption of the device. The chamber was shielded with a thin sheet of lead.