Prologue

Prologue: Living

______________________________________

Ten years before the main plot...

He doesn't understand why they done that. Seriously? Made their own nest near a flock of dragon? Was their friend crazy? Probably.

"I don't understand," he said, one eye twitched at the dark smoke puffed out from the beast's golden snout "You're not one of them anymore. You're something else. Why are you association with them?"

The dragon alike creature, or used to be a dragon, chuckled amusedly.

"You really don't understand, do you Jun?"

Arjuna tilted his head. He doesn't. Should Wei be living in another realm of his? Why was he here? In the nature shared with average dragons and not somewhere else?

Why was they here?

Wei let out another dark smoke, before croaked his head to the side and slowly lowered it to the ground. For any human or creature, that act was terrifying and often caused misunderstanding.

Wei replied with a slight gleeful tone "Because, Jun, I used to be them. So why not tries to feel the old familiarity?"

"I...I don't understand."

Wei snorted "Then perhaps you should be try it. Have you ever thought to live among human again? You have the looks, you just need to act like one."

Arjuna glanced at the nearest pond, stared at his reflection. Right. He had the appearance for a human, still haven't change even after thousands of years. His form will stay at the original form unless he required to use a bit extreme part of his power. Although, it rarely happened. The only time he had his claws out was when to hunt dinner.

He was unsure whether he should take it Wei's advice or not. His 'brother' did not, nor looked bothered to live among his kind again. So do the rest of his friends. Expect Agwa.

And how Wei too.

"It is interesting, go do it for a change of phase," Wei added.

Arjuna stared at the huge, golden scaled creature. After quiet few seconds, he reacted by spun his heels around and walked away.

"I'll reconsider your advice," he said.

Another snort from the larger creature. Wei gave a quiet good luck, before turned his head to the side  where another dragon, but smaller came and challenged him for domain.

"Youngster," murmured the dragon alike, both toward the smaller dragon and the retreating Arjuna.

Arjuna rolled his eyes. Wei was five times older than him. By the time Arjuna turned to what he was now, Wei already a centuries old being. Wei by then had existed with the legend of golden scaled dragon in the East.

They, Arjuna, Wei, and the others, were not creatures like any other. They used to be many things. A siren, an elf, a garuda, a human, any other living beings that had mind of their own. But what changed them was their deaths.

Arjuna supposed to be dead, but the fate said no. With the gift granted from nature, Arjuna's soul stayed in his cold corpse and regained its liveliness again. A new power granted to him, a new ability that superior than before.

They had no name to describe what they were. Humanity don't even now about them.

But if you ask Arjuna what they were, then he will give you the name Agwa renamed them.

"Spirits," he said "we are spirits."

And that what they were. Despite how lame the name was.