Chapter 0: Prologue

I can't forgive myself.

I look at Nico, his body laid out on the floor, knife in hand and blood blooming out of his chest like a morning rose. I see my hand, shaking along with my Iron, still smoking.

I never wanted this...
The police show up, observe the body, and thank me for taking out such a threat. But I didn't want this to happen. I could've helped him, make him a better person...

"Wally, come talk with me for a bit", Red comes up to me. I... still don't know his name. I suppose he's gonna be pissed at me.

"Red, I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean for this to happen-"
"I understand, Walter. But just tell me what happened, I don't get it still."

I replied to him,
"Nico was the killer. He was the suspect everyone was looking for. I tried to get him to just turn himself in, but he lashed out on me, tried to stab me. I had no choice, he was gonna-"

"Walter. It's okay, man. You did the right thing. I just didn't believe that he would do such a thing, I knew him so well. But I understand."

"I don't know what to do anymore, I feel horrible," Red saw my anguish and tried to console me, but I had to pull away.

Rule number one: Never trust anyone. There is always someone who's out to get you, even the ones you hold dear to yourself.