Imperfect (The Queen's Story)

“IMPERFECT”

(The Queen’s Story)

By: Evangelica Manabat

There was this girl who has everything in life but love in her heart. Every boy wants to be with her and all the girls want to be like her. She has the perfect hair, the divine face, the charm that can melt a crowd, the personality that can shuts anyone off, and she can liquefy you with her smile but don’t be play away because ego demolition is an art to this lass. She is equally as intimidating as she is enchanting. Its either you hate her so much because of envy or you love her too much to volunteer yourself to be part of her army. Oh yes, we adore her! Everyone does.

She makes all things possible; she is perfection from head to toe, from the nerves of her brain to the hair of her pegs. I do envy her. Why on earth God gave her everything while I, need to settle for my unperfected life, my imperfect personality.  I wonder what can make her weep or does she ever cry.

When she walks in to the room, all eyes are on her. Isn’t it obvious? I’m in love with her! I am madly in love with her!

Then I saw her blushing one day, she can’t stop snickering each and every time I would look at her. Oh my, I heard she’s in love with this older guy from the school, everyone is gibbering about it. We are dying to know, what kind of guy can give her a rapid heartbeat. You can see it in her eyes, she is under a spell.

J- Yes, that’s the name of the fortunate man! There’s nothing unusual about him, he is dark, chinky-eyed and charming, yes, JUST a charming soft-spoken guy. He doesn’t look like a dreamland for us, he doesn’t even come close to her perfection, he is so ordinary that you’re not going be impress but damn they look perfect together! They look like movie stars from our favourite romantic movie!

He makes her human on our senses; he shuts her off whenever he comes near to her. First time on earth, I saw our perfect girl losing words to express herself. She is freaking nervous when they are together. She smiles but she is uncertain of her charm. She doesn’t even know how to behave. She was overwhelmed with his lure. And that’s a first time! This love made her human. I’m so happy to know that.

Then she lost him, with the reason no one can tell. She is defenseless, and he is controlling; she’s too scared to take a gamble for love. Maybe this is not the right time for them; perhaps his magic is too much for her. She was hurt to say goodbye to him but she knows it was for the best. They are not meant for each other. Their worlds do not meet. She is cloud nine and he is a star. They can never be together, no matter how perfect they look with each other, like our favourite Romeo and Juliet; their story must come to an end. Well, I guess, life is not like in the movies. Things do end without proper goodbyes. And so it was over but she is not weeping. She was thankful that “they” happened. She let him go with a smile in her heart. But then, He will always be her first love, and she knows that. I know that.

So our queen bee is back, she claims her crown, she rules the world and she destroys anyone who will step on her way. Everyone is scared of her; no one dares to break her rules, because c’mon, nobody wants to live in hell while on earth. Her army is growing, her friend’s enemies are joining, everything seems to be so seamless, she gets what she wants, and she breaks what she hates. She acts like she made us! I wish i could hate her but I can’t…  Everybody wants to be with her. I want to be with her. She is our queen, our leading light.  Until she meet this boy who brought chaos to her realm. She was doomed.