Part 1

It was a normal day, completely filled with college classes but boy was it a long one, with a work shift right after her last class. The tiny adult had just gotten off work, and her mind was racing, but always coming back to one thing. She loved her nighttime walks in parks and places she shouldn't be, it was part of why she had a few trespassing accounts. She decided that she would take one of those walks tonight. The girl parked in a neighborhood, conveniently right in front of a friend's house, who had said that the girl could, as she was driving back to her on campus dorm room. She put on her backpack, with a cover to keep it from getting wet, grabbed her umbrella and headed into her favorite metro park. It was meant to rain that night and the pink haired girl could smell it. She entered the park and shifted uncomfortably as she realized for a second that she had worn her chest binder for too long. 'Too late to do anything now,' she thought as she walked along the ever familiar path. The path she took was a thirty minute round trip walk, a perfect amount of time for the small girl to calm down from the day, even though this would get her home around 2 am. Or she could stay at her friend's house, that was an option too. At least it was the weekend the next day. Soon enough the rain was falling hard and it made it a little hard to see, but that didn't scare her. She'd been out here way too many times and knew it well, she still had on her flashlight though. There were a few weird sounds, a little bit of extra shuffling and the girl just figured that the animals were seeking shelter, which didn't really make sense but she went with it. As always, halfway through her walk, she planted a packet of flower seeds in the same field she always does at this park. This field had about one and a half years of seeds planted in it and taken care of by her. She smiled as she walked past it, ignoring a shadow her light shined on.

The girl was now on the return fifteen minutes of her walk. The heavy smell of soil hit her nose as she went about her journey back to her car. She chalked it up to the rain, pushing up her glasses as she continued on. Letting her mind wander to the sounds of the rain on leaves above, the fatter raindrops hitting the ground, and the hard patter of rain on her umbrella, it was the perfect night for her. Underneath all that, there was a lot of rustling and shuffling that didn't really register. Even though she knew this place, the girl stumbled, tripping over a rather good sized branch she didn't expect, and into a shallow ravine. She tried to slow her fall, scraping at the mud around her, feeling the brown substance getting deep under her fingernails as she tried to catch a grip, squishing as she slipped, covering herself in mud. As she landed on a few soft things, she felt the rough material of jeans, the softer, more flexible material of a hoodie, something that felt like a belt…  'Are these… Clothes..?' She thought to herself, blinking in confusion. Her hands were at a rounded… thing… 'What the fuck is this?' She thought as she hurried for her phone flashlight. The pink haired girl turned on her phone flashlight, found her glasses, and put them on. She turned her head to see what she landed on. Her bright sky blue eyes took in a face she would never forget. It was a coworker, covered in the same blood she now was, with cold dead eyes that stared back. The once brilliantly green eyes of her co-worker were now two voids of lifeless gelatin, all emotions gone from the girl's once sparkling eyes. The little adult couldn't even push up her glasses as the shock set in. She turned her phone flashlight to find a way out. Her gaze raked across three more dead bodies, each decayed at different stages, each more sickening than the last and she almost puked at the sight. She struggled to get out but kept slipping and falling. The little girl just couldn't get a grip. The rain fell a little harder. The small girl screamed before passing out, panic and the inability of her mind to process what was happening overcoming her in a wave of black and blue, throwing her into darkness.

The small girl was then thrown into dreams of memories with this coworker, the first of which was a small fight about something stupid like cheese. It was like she was watching a movie. Next, came the night she went out for a couple drinks and some good music with her coworker. She watched how they danced until 2 am, knowing they didn't have to go in until the evening the next day. So many scenes of Fridays where the two would work tiredly stretching and saucing pizzas like a sort of squeaky machine. So many games of cards and chess. Talking about random shit. A lot of video game playing… It all ended on the last day she remembered seeing her. She watched as she and her coworker walked each other to their cars. The pink haired drove off first and headed home, only to come to work the next day to find that her friend had gone missing. 

One of the tenants in the houses close to the park was awoken by the loud scream and called the cops, who came quickly, sirens blaring and lights going. After only a few minutes of having been passed out, the small young adult was slowly waking up and wondering what was happening. She heard the sirens and perked right up, scared out of her mind, which couldn't think straight in any sort of aspect. She got up and tried to run away, not wanting to get caught but, little did she know, the cops were already on the scene and saw her running. Next thing she knew she was in handcuffs and in the back of a cruiser on the way to the station, scared out of her mind, having a bit of trouble breathing with her binder and the running; panic threatened to engulf the girl. Her pink hair was splotched with dark blood, mud, and leaves, which she was able to shake out when she shook her head to try and get out of the panicky state. They pulled up to the station and she was forced out of the car. Her heart skipped a beat as she was lead through the night and into the bright building. Bustling noise fell on the girl's ears as it seemed everyone already knew what was going on. There were just so many people. Her brain threatened her with passing out again from panic; she kept her head down and walked on, being led to the interrogation room, which had a single bright light, a metal table, metal chairs, and dark walls and carpeting.