CHAPTER 1

The way he looks at me, the way he treats me with so much care...the way I felt in his presence has no explanation. Sitting by the window, I could not concentrate on anything today. All my thoughts seemed to be occupied by him.

"Jung Yoora!"

"Go take your test paper", my seatmate and best friend, Hana whispered. I quickly got up, mentally slapping myself for zoning out in the middle of the class.

"You're the class topper again. But I see you can't focus in the class. Is there something you want to share? Is everything ok?"

"Everything's fine." Saying so, I took my answer sheet and went back to my seat.

"So how does it feel like to be the topper again?" Hana dramatically asked. "Nothing special. I'm used to it. "

"Wahh~~look at her, just look at her flexing. Don't you feel sorry for your mates? At least show us your answers when we are begging you."

"I can't do that...but I can surely give you free classes and my notes," I said while packing my bag.

"That will do too. It's my treat today ok?" "Ok!!" Jimin, my guy bestie, replied excitedly.

"Yah! Where are you going?! Aren't you coming with us?"

"Nah...I'm going to that coffee shop,"  I smiled while waving goodbye at them.

"Again?! "

But I was already gone.

"If she likes him, why can't she just confess?" Hana said.

"Because it's hard", Jimin said looking at her.

---

My eyes were searching for him as I impatiently looked around.

"You want your usual?"

A sweet voice interrupted my search. It felt like the time had stopped as he smiled down at me.

"Yeah", my voice came out almost like a whisper. But thankfully he heard it.

"Okay...it will be out in just 5 minutes." He gave his signature smile and went away.

" Jung hoon-ah ...can you serve that table for me. Sorry for giving you extra work. I know your shift is almost finished," his boss requested him, who I think is almost the same age as him.

"Sure...I'm more than happy to do that," he winked at her. Is this called jealousy? Do I even have the actual right to be jealous right now?! God knows how many girls are heads over heels for that face. No Yoora...no matter what, you have to confess before it's too late.

"Bye Mia!"

"Have a nice day Jung hoon-ah,"
she replied in a flirty voice.
And it was not at all helping my already hot head.

I left my coffee mug and ran after him, out of the coffee shop.

"Yah Park Jung hoon!"

I saw him as he was about to put on his earphones but stopped midway when he heard my voice.

"Oh, coffee girl...do you have anything to say to me?"

Coffee girl!!?? He didn't even know my name...what am I expecting. Anyway, I won't let this one slip away.

"I like you. Go out with me!"

--------------------------------------------------

THE FIRST LOVE
"It’s the idealistic love—the one that seems like the fairy tales we read as children. We enter into it with the belief that this will be our only love and it doesn’t matter if it doesn’t feel quite right, or if we find ourselves having to swallow down our truths to make it work because deep down we believe that this is what love is supposed to be."