Chapter 1: Deep in the woods

TW: SELF HARM

Sitting alone in a quiet abandoned area where you'd clear your thoughts, well, I hide away from my problems. I'm humming my favorite song as I look at the stream and the waterfall.

It's calming white noise made me feel safe and sound and able to get away from the real world. I were to be in this place because my parents are arguing again, for the 6th time this week.

My mom is an alcoholic and comes home drunk every few nights. My dad works 7 days a week to get food on the table for him and me. It's a hard time, especially with a pandemic going around. It made me unsafe and worried for my mental health.

But suddenly, my lovely quietness is quickly disturbed. Hearing these voices of another person, they didn't sound like people I knew. So out of consciousness, I hide because I was afraid they'd hurt me. Then I see the people I've heard, running, I make out two tall boys from the distance. "What were they running from?"  I had thought to myself.  It didn't take long to realize.

I quickly peep my head out to observe, but then I see two more guys were running after them. It was the police following them. But why the police? How did they find my area? All of a sudden, these boys start to run at me.

In fear of all four of them, I decide to run away from them trying to get out these tall and long sacred woods. I realize the four of them were catching up to me. But what I don't realize is where I am going and so I, apparently run into a tree. I fell backwards and collapsed on the ground and  I guess I pass out.
~~~~~~~~

Slender man POV
I really saw a human laid flat on the ground, I had hoped this girl was okay. I heard her hum her favorite tune, her vocals are free and they were controlled.

Apparently I read her thoughts, were different from other people's thoughts, this one felt intrusive... so I decided to go to her and then  see these police men running towards her.

"Of course the damned police" I said in my head, I realized a little bit of static filled my mind as I  went before the girl, way before the police got to her, I was there just in time.

My tendrils pick her up gently and the police finally take the time to get to me.

"God damn beast, put her down right now" They said. I knew they were scared of me, they just didn't show it. It was obvious, very obvious. Soon, I replied "You dare touch my human?".

They looked confused and bluntly said, "Your human? That's clownery! She is criminal! Breaking the laws!!!"

I frowned upon them. How dare they insult her. I held onto the girl in my arms and then the police men inside my web of tendrils.

"Put us down, fucking freak" They said struggling to get out. So I replied in sarcasm, "As you wish." I shrugged and bit their faces off using my mouth that ripped apart from my face. I took them limb by limb out of anger, I couldn't stop myself.

When I finished tearing them to shreds like paper, I put them into trees. The sound of tearing was satisfaction to my non existent ears.

I then settle this human on the ground waiting for her to awaken.
~~~~~~~~

Hannah's POV
I woke up, and all I could feel was complete pain. My vision was so blurry, so I vaguely remember where I am. I had looked up and see up to this tall man standing right next to me. He had looked like he waited there for me to wake up again. It takes a few minutes to regain my consciousness, which hurt like fucking hell.