Is Everything Going to be Alright?

I dedicated this to the Wattpad user Something_Like_That because they've been super awesome in creating the cover for this as well as indirectly encouraging me to start writing again. Their kind words sparked a renewed interest in my other story and I just wanted to do something nice for them <3

~~~~

I cover my eyes with my arm, blinking repeatedly allowing my eyes to adjust to the bright light that surrounds me. For a while I just lay there, I hear beeps and a steady dripping noise from somewhere above me, ever so slowly I remove my arm from my eyes and allow myself to stare a blinding white light that looms above me. Slowly I begin to observe my surroundings, I take in all the machines, the three chairs that are pulled up beside the bed that have blankets and pillows strung all over them. As I sit up I feel a sharp pain in my chest that fills the rest of my body as quickly as my chest consuming me with it. Falling back on to the bed, I hear a heavy door swing open and close quietly. A shuffle of feet alert me to the presence of several people. I move to sit up again, this time taking care not to bring the pain back. Before I can even sit up or process what's happening, my aunt is there hugging me and sobbing into my shoulder. I see Sebastian standing near the door looking slightly uncomfortable. My mind is still muddled and confused but and I can't really make sense of what's happened.

"What's going on Aunt Ann?" I croaked. Sebastian grabbed the glass of water that was placed on the table near my bed and handed it to me. I nod my thanks and drink heavily. My entire body was sore and my right eye was completely on fire. My aunt noticed my discomforted and pressed the button to call the nurses station.

"How may we help you?" Came a sweet voice threw the small intercom.

"He's awake, could you send Dr. Spears in?" My aunt didn't say anything more and the nurse made no acknowledgement of the statement yet in walked a monotonous looking man not moments later.

"Hello Ciel, do you think you could tell me how much you remember from the accident?" I noticed Sebastian move closer to me and I was thankful for his silent support. He was never one to give verbal encouragement but I always knew he was here for me.

"I remember bits and pieces. I remember the sound of crashing metal and a sharp pain in my eyes. Everything else is kind of blurry but I think I was in a car accident right? I can't remember who was in the car with me though." I shook my head a bit careful not to move too much for fear of inducing more pain. Aunt Ann was holding my left hand and silently crying into her other palm and Sebastian stood to my left. He didn't touch me or cry but I knew how hurt he was to see me in such a state. I got the feeling that I should remember more about the accident but no ones made any move to fill in the blanks for me.

"Ann if you could step out into the hall with me for a moment please?" She nodded and kissed my forehead and left without a word.

"Sebastian what's going on? What aren't you guys telling me?" I stood firm in my resolve to know what I was lacking but at the same time I was terrified to know. Sebastian would never keep things from me unless he know I couldn't handle them. He's been my best friend for over 6 years know and he knew that I could handle a lot.

"Ciel... Please don't make me tell you." I could see the sadness swimming in his eyes along with regret. What could he possibly have to regret? I sighed in resolve at my best friends words.

"Alright I won't ask you to tell me. I know how protective you are and whatever it is I'm missing must be really bad if you said please."

I noticed the small smirk that came to his face at my light teasing. I smiled a bit too. I felt safe and calm with Sebastian around; he's always been the one to keep me from doing anything to irrational. I laid back against the pillows and closed my eyes. I heard Sebastian's footsteps start to leave the room and I panicked.