She's Gone

Alex-

"Alex! Come in here!"

"Hi, Mommy!"

"Hi sweety, Happy early Birthday."

The woman handed the young girl a small gift wrap box. The little girl ripped the paper off and opened the box.

"A ring! I love it!"

"I'm glad, now Alex. With this ring comes great responsibility. You must never take it off. Ok?" The woman slid the silver ring onto the little girl's finger. The little girl smiled brightly at her mother.

"Never, Ever." The women hugged the child close. Then watched as the girl ran off to continue playing.

Jack-

The ten-year-old boy was told to come down to the headmaster's office. This was unusual. Usually, his parents would just speak to him. Though he hadn't seen his parents since the night before when they had gone out for their annual date night. He sat on the chair with the worn black leather cushions. Mike had a pitied look on his face. "Jack I am afraid to tell you that your parents are dead. The breaks were cut on their car and they crashed." The young boy was stunned and silent. Not able to find words to respond. He just sat there unable to realize that it had truly happened. Then he spoke.

"Who was it?"

Chapter 1-

Alex's point of view

"Why Me?"

Every day was the same. I went to school and went through my regular teenage girl drama. I had an excellent mom who loved me. She was usually a bit busy with work but she was there for the important things. I had never met my dad so I didn't have anything to miss. I mean, of course, I would ask questions about her and my dad but they were rarely answered so eventually I stopped asking. Other than that everything was completely ordinary.

I would wake up, walk to school, go through my classes, see my friends do other after-school activities then walk home. There was barely a time I didn't have headphones in and my phone in my back pocket. I was a dancer so there was barely a time when I wasn't listening to music. Everything was normal, usually calm. I had a good life. I was eleven when I saw the black Honda at the school for the first time. It was a who offered to drive me home. I said "No" remembering the first rule you learn pretty much the first day you are born. "Don't trust strangers".

I would see the car around but then I never saw it again after I turned thirteen. I had told my mom about it but it didn't seem to be a big deal. I got through middle school and started high school. I had a great group of friends, had perfect grades but something still felt like it was missing. I don't feel so crazy about that feeling now, but I never could have imagined what it was. It was frustrating because everything was as perfect as it could get.

My mom loved me and made me happy all the time. I had people who cared about me. I would go out and have fun. I was involved with the school. I had pretty much everything planned out. My college, my career, who I wanted as a partner. It was nice to know everything ahead. I even had a best friend. I had known her since kindergarten. We would walk to school and back every day, taking our sweet time. We gossiped and hung out almost every day. We even went to the same dance school, looking back I am a little surprised that we never got sick of one another. She kept me on my toes. She helped me relax and take risks, and push me when I needed it. She was incredible.

I practiced dance six days a week though so I didn't have that huge of a social life outside of that. It was a huge part of my life, and it made me so happy. I wasn't planning on using it as a career, but it kept me busy and healthy, so I continued. I was close to most of the girls at the school. We competed sometimes, but mostly just performed on the weekends. My mom wrote music often, so I did sing but didn't do it often. . Her voice was beautiful, I remember sitting on the other side of her door listening to her sing.