Prologue

Once Upon A Time...

There was a princess. No one knew her name, and every citizen knew that he who asked her name was never to be seen again. Her parents, the King and Queen, labeled her as the Unknown Princess, and forced her to wear a mask at balls, and ceremonies.

The weeping of the poor princess could be heard miles away from her room, but her parents kept their hearts as hard as stone.

At first, the citizens were confused. How cruel could these parents ever be to keep their child from the world? But after a couple of years... rumors began to arise.

The first rumor was created by a woman, named Leila. She was said to have had a romantic relationship with the King back in the days, and the unknown princess was the result of it. Leila claimed it wasn't true, and that the unknown princess wasn't really of royal blood at all. That she was just hidden for the sake of the King having a heir. But that didn't make sense, because the King had six other heirs. Specifically men. The unknown princess was assumed to be the youngest of the seven. Leila claimed that there was another woman...another woman that was a peasant, and was the real mother of the unknown princess.

Over time, the unknown princess was named Willow, for it was tiring to sound out 'unknown princess' every time the topic came out. Which was, on a daily basis. Willow, was the country's flower, and a carefully picked one at that. Princess Willow, who's name is still unknown, became the biggest topic in the country.

The introducing of Princess Willow's nickname released the second rumor. Another woman, claiming to be the cousin of the current Queen, stated that Princess Willow was left in a field and one of the King's heirs found her. Many citizens didn't believe this, and accused the woman to be a liar and a fraud. The woman frantically denied the accusations and stated that the so called princess may even be a prince. After all, the gender was never fully revealed if the face was never seen.

There were no more rumors after the second. Light rumors bounced across the country, but it never arose to take the place of the second.

Princess Willow was forgotten over the course of ten years... but suddenly was revealed to the public.

"The Unknown Princess, or also known as Princess Willow, has been revealed as 'Princess Veronica. She is the sixth child of King Irwin, and is currently the age of nineteen. She is searching for a suitor that is willing to take her hand in marriage."

Princess Veronica. It set an outburst and tons of protests in the country,

The whole country is unknown itself. Currently, people doubt it even ever existed. Then how is Princess Veronica so known? And there are people claiming that she is in their bloodline.

Was there a secret that was never revealed?