rematch

+*..*+
1 week timeskip
monday afternoon

you sat in the bleachers whilst watching your brother's volleyball team practice on the gym floor. it was finally the day that tooru had been anticipating this whole time—the karasuno and aoba johsai rematch. the winning team would have to play shiratorizawa; another well known powerhouse school in the miyagi prefecture. the winner of that match would have a guaranteed spot at nationals...which you knew was tooru's main goal this whole time.

but since it was his final year in high-school, you knew he only had one more chance to make it. he knew it well, too.

you watched as the brunette set the ball into the air for iwaizumi, in which he quickly spiked onto the slippery floor. it caused a loud, 'pow!' to echo throughout the whole gym.

holy shit- thats scary as hell!

the sudden urge to use the bathroom pulled you out of your thoughts. you placed your bag over your shoulder then stood up, swiftly making your way over to the restrooms. they were by the gyms, so it wouldn't have taken you long to get back—

until you looked up, and your eyes met with the tall kageyama tobio, who stood near his team wearing a black and orange uniform with the number nine. you raised your hand up slightly to give him a small wave, in which he did the same.

you wouldn't have spoken to him if it wasn't for hinata, "tobio look! y/n is over there!"

your heart dropped with the sound of the ginger's loud voice, your eyes immediately scanning the area for anyone who attended your school. it wasn't forbidden per say, but in sports, it was strongly looked down upon to have connections with people from different schools. mainly because the atmosphere was so competitive, and it would make it easy for people to believe cheating was happening.

but you decided not to do anything when hinata approached you, dragging the ravenette's hand from behind. he too was wearing a karasuno uniform, one identical to kageyama's but with the number ten.

"hey guys."

"y/n! you came to watch us!" hinata grinned happily with a tense kageyama by his side, "that's weird, you never come to our games-"

"maybe 'cause her brother's on seijoh, you fucking dumbass." kageyama's voice chimed into the conversation, which caused you to let out a small laugh in response.

"yeah. tooru is here." you raised your arm to scratch the back of your neck as you spoke, "but he's inside the gym practicing. you guys should probably head over, too."

"you're right. we'll see ya around, y/n!"

hinata gave you an enthusiastic wave before heading back over to his team, who were already entering the gym with loads of volleyball gear in hand. kageyama continued to stand there, glaring down at you and not having moved a single inch. you furrowed your eyebrows.

"tobio? shouldn't you be following-"

you were taken aback when kageyama had wrapped his arms around you, quickly pulling you into an unexpected yet comforting hug. you couldn't help but smile with the boy's unusual actions as your arms made it around his waist. his chest pressed up against yours as he pulled you close, way closer than before.