Chapter 10

Hello!! This one's gonna be short lol.

]|I{•------» CHAPTER TEN«------•}I|[

"How are you?"

"I'm kind of—yeah, I'm good actually."

What a lie, Callie.

Chris furrowed his eyebrows on the other line. "Are you sure? Don't lie to me, bub. I'm your father, you know?"

Callie forced a smile. "Yeah, of course."

Chris smiled. "Okay, tell me what's wrong," he instructed in his assuring fatherly tone.

"Geez, I thought you were involved in it?"

"In what?"

"I thought it was also your decision? She said you guys are going to avoid me for the meantime or worse until Scarlett is ready to let me live my life the way I want it to be." That was Callie's nonchalant answer.

"She what?" Chris asked disbelievingly. The crease on Chris' forehead grew bigger than before. "She told you that?"

"Hm-mm."

"Dammit."

He didn't say anything else. He just ended the phone call and washed away the disappointment on his face. He was mad, yes! He was enraged!

How could Scarlett do that? Is she out of her mind?

After that night, Callie wasn't able to think straight anymore. She felt as if the world was on her shoulders. She had no idea what was literally going on! And her mother had seemed to notice it too.

Scarlett's mind was chaotic; she had a lot of problems and she didn't have the simplest idea on how to get rid of them.

She won't actually avoid her daughter, just keep her away from the public. That's it.

Rose's blonde head popped up when she saw the Cheerios that Colin bought from the grocery store. "Is that Cheerios?" she asked as she stood up from sitting on the floor and went to get the box of Cheerios her future stepdad was holding.

"Oh—wait."

Little Rosie was a bit surprised at what she saw. Oh cool, her mama was on the Cheerios box. Great.

"Rhisy! Come see here," she shouted, her sweet small voice echoing through the whole living room, earning a quick and confused gaze from her sister, who was laying on the sofa.

"What is it?" Callie lazily asked, receiving a small laugh from Colin.

Rose sighed and made an irritated face. The little girl had actually had enough of her elder sister. Whenever she asked her to play, all she got was nothing, except "I'm busy!"

"Come see it! It's mama!"

"Your mama is upstairs, Rose," Callie, once again, replied lazily.

"Rhisy, it's mama on the box!"

Her elder sister didn't give a damn.

So, the little blondie decisively stomped her feet toward her sister and shook Rhislett's body, ordering her to see the Cheerios box. "See it!"

"Rose, wait! 'Kay, I'm gonna take a look at it. Damn it!"

Silence then filled the whole room.

But, Rhislett didn't give a damn. In fact, she was thankful 'cause her annoying (and of course loving) sister stopped. But the fourteen-year-old didn't expect to hear and see the sniffles and the hurting look on her little sister's face.