Twenty-one - Nineteen Ninety

Nineteen Ninety

It was fifteen months later and Abbie sat on a bench in a park reading the newspaper. 'Police stops search missing teenagers' the headline wrote. Abbie sighed of relief she thought the police were never going to stop. She had been the number one suspect of the disappearance of Carrie and Lisa, the girl Abbie drained. They questioned Abbie many times, but her compulsion kept them at bay. At school, there even began spreading rumors that Kai and Abbie were serial killers.

Kai walked up to the bench and sat next to her. He had two Pepsis in his hand. Kai quickly peaked at the newspaper's headline. "I guess they finally gave up." Abbie closed the paper, "I would too. They had no bodies or any evidence. Not even a single lead." He smirked, "Yeah, thanks to your compulsion and my experience in hiding corpses." He gave one of the Pepsis to Abbie and opened up the other one. "So, did you apply for any colleges yet?" he asked and took a big sip from the Pepsi. "No, I'm not sure. Since you're not going I just don't see the point. I'm an immortal seventeen-year-old I could go anytime I want," she explained. Kai agreed, "Not like there is any point in your degree, you could just compel people if you need a degree for something."

"I still don't understand why you're not going. Imagine how much fun we'd have at college together," she looked down at her feet and took a sip from her Pepsi. "I have things to do. People to murder, you know the usual. Who else will terrorize the community with us not around?" he semi-joked. Abbie grinned, "You're so right. Without us no one will be murdered, we can't let that happen!"

Abbie suddenly remembered that they hadn't long before they had to head back to school. She looked at her watch and noticed lunch break was almost over. "Shit, we're late, and I haven't even drunk blood yet!" She looked around her, there were too many people around that could potentially see her. "Don't worry," Kai said and turned to Abbie. He held her face and began kissing her. She softly bit his lip and sucked the blood. They had done this before. It was an easy way of getting blood in public. They stopped and quickly wiped off the blood. Then, began walking back to school. The park wasn't too far from the school building, so they weren't awfully late. But, the hallway was already empty.

While walking to class Abbie peaked into the principal's office. There she saw two police officers talking to the principal. She listened to what they were saying with her vampire hearing. "Two of my students are missing and one was found dead more than a year ago, and you're telling me you're going to stop investigating!" the principal exclaimed. "I'm sorry, sir, there is just not much we can do." One of the officers told the principal. Abbie turned to Kai, "I have to go to the bathroom. You can go to class I'll be there shortly." Kai nodded and continued walking to class. Abbie patiently waited behind a wall until the two officers were gone. She then walked to the office and knocked on the door.

"Come in," the principal said. She opened the door, which revealed the principal sitting behind his desk. He had a worried look on his face. It looked like he was going through a bunch of papers. "You're Abigail, right?" he asked and looked up at her. "Yes," she said and sat down opposite of him. "Can I help you?" Abbie nodded. She looked deeply into his eyes and said, "You're not going to worry about Brian Cooper, Carrie Cooper, and Lisa Harding anymore. You will support the fact the cops are shutting down the investigation. If anyone asks you about them, you will say you don't know much about them." The principal intensely listened and nodded. She smiled and walked out of the office. If Carrie taught her anything was that she should not let small things become a big problem.

While walking back to class she passed the bathroom where Harmony walked out. "Hey, how are you?" Abbie asked. "Good and you?" harmony said and dried her wet hands on her pants. "Me too, did you apply for college yet?" Harmony immediately lit up, "Yes, to the University of Portland I have a high chance of getting accepted there! And you?" Abbie smirked, "Oh uh, I'm not sure if I'm going to college." They began walking further to their classrooms. "Really? You should also apply to the University of Portland if you change your mind. Then we can go to the same college!" Abbie nodded, "Yeah, maybe I will do that... Here is my class, bye," she waved Harmony goodbye and left to enter her class.