it cant be you...

An unusual girl, well that's how others see me for my whole life. I've always had 2 options: life or death, light or night, me or you. Now out of all those decisions i had thought i always chose right but here is how I was wrong.

"Hey, hope get out of your head the class is waiting for you!!" my best friend Rose Hughes said with the most excitement on her face

"I'm sorry" I say in a normal blank tone rose was used to this after all she knew more about me than anyone else she knew how i functioned how i worked.

"Hello class, tomorrow we will be going on a field trip to a science lab" my teacher started most of my class and was not very excited for this but I was for my whole life i had dreamed to be a scientist. "And we will need a volunteer to do a special science experiment whilst we're on the trip" when my teacher did this i was overfilled with emotion

" I'll do it" I said with a blank expression on my face. My whole class looked at me with confusion plastered on their faces. " she never volunteers" i heard one say "she won't be able to handle it" another one whispers. " If you're done speaking now class, i will see you all tomorrow" my teacher said while handing out our permission slips.

" Hey wanna walk home together" rose says with excitement on her face

"No, not today, sorry but I have to go " I say with a blank expression on my face like always. "Ok bye " Rose said with what looked like a fake smile put on her face her fake smiles fooled the whole school but never me.

As i was face to face with the door on my doorstep i was scared to go inside i was scared to see them scared to see my parents but i had to face my fears and walk inside.

" Hey you little shit go get me another beer from the fridge" my mother said with a disgusted tone in her voice "mom i'm sorry i have to go and take care of dad" i said with a blank but at the same time frightened tone. "WHAT THE HELL DID I SAY LET YOUR DAD FUCKING DIE AND GO GET ME MY BEER YOU PEICE OF SHIT" my mother said. " im sorry mom, '' I said . " don't call me mom " she said whilst rolling her eyes.

That same night I sat in the room looking at my permission slip. I then took a pen and forged my fathers signature and stuffed the slip into my small plain backpack. The next day I put on my best looking jeans and a plain white shirt. I waved goodbye to my mother and father but they didn't wave back but I was used to it.

As I arrived at my class we were immediately shoved on the bus. I was paired with my friend Rose like I was every other trip. She tried talking to me but a couple minutes after we got on the bus I was fast asleep. When I woke up we were at the science lab it was a large white building with tinted glass windows. It had grass surrounding most of the premises; it had the word DRESL written on the building.

As we walked into the lab I saw a  face that would change my life forever