² ★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢 ★

SAN FRANCISCOTHREE MONTHS LATER

SAN FRANCISCO
THREE MONTHS LATER

DJ WAS, IN THE NICEST WAY POSSIBLE, NOT EVEN REMOTELY SCARED OF GAR AND RACHEL.

It wasn't that both of them weren't already proving to be impressive fighters, because under Dick's training, they were. But subtracting powers from the equation, they were two teenagers with about three months of training under their belt facing off against two older and more experienced superheroes.

Dick stood with his arms crossed on the other side of the training room. He knew perfectly well that the two younger teens had a laughable chance of besting the older teens, but he was curious to see how they improved when fighting opponents more skilled than them. "Alright, whenever you're ready."

Gar nodded warily. "I'm ready."

Rachel gave her nod in agreement. DJ hummed a noise of confirmation. Jason said, very firmly, that he was ready.

Gar made the first move against DJ, forcing Jason and Rachel to spar against each other.

DJ blocked, with ease, a kick aimed at her by Gar by catching his shin in her hands and shoving it down. She doubled over and placed her hands on the ground, throwing her foot into the air and landing a hard smack to Gar's chin.

She somersaulted from the air to the ground, then slid on her side to kick Jason's heels from the back, knocking him down to the ground.

"Sorry, baby." She said apologetically, then jumped up.

Rachel threw her fist out, trying to gain a punch against the older teen, but DJ grabbed her fist and twisted it around, forcing Rachel to turn her back to DJ. DJ held her arm against her back, then pushed at Rachel's knees with her foot, making Rachel kneel down. DJ spun her arm, throwing Rachel to the ground with a dramatic twist.

Jason, who had jumped off the ground, tried to grab DJ from behind, but DJ turned quicker than the Flash and grabbed his arm. Utilizing the same twisting method as before, she spun his arm around but before his arm could meet his back, DJ jumped into the air and wrapped her legs around his waist. She let them fall to the ground, with Jason falling with his stomach facing the training mat and DJ straddling his waist from ontop him.

Gar noticed an opportunity with DJ's back turned and her on the floor, so he raised his foot and shoved her from ontop of Jason and sending her to the mat. DJ somersaulted backwards, jumping off of the ground as soon as her feet hit the mat. She spun around, bringing her leg from the ground and letting it follow her into a full circle, but before it could hit Gar, he grabbed it and held it in the air then kicked at her ankle that was still on the ground. He threw her leg away from him, it joining DJ in a dramatic, twisting fall to the mat.

"Hey, I'm getting better." Gar said breathlessly, a happy grin on his face.

DJ shoved herself off of the ground. "Yeah, well, you have a good teacher."