Chapter I

Chapter Summary: Alright! So, I've actually started two other chapters and claimed those to be the first chapter, but I decided on this one. (I feel like it would be better to tell your origin story LATER into the series ;) Thank you to @brattylevi on TikTok, Aly and Dude, and___ for being my beta readers! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!! Much love to everyone who followed the updates on TiKToK (@blazedkarma)!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/N!"

You heard your name being called, but trying to stay in your slumber, you ignored it.

"Y/N," the voice called out again. Followed by silence, you had hoped the person had finally given up on trying to wake you. Delighted, you shifted more into the mattress, only to have the blanket be roughly pulled off your body.

"Hey, dipshit. I told you to wake up already," a deeper voice boomed out.

The man of the hour.

Dabi.

Your eyes lit up whenever the burnt man gave you any attention. He had piqued your interest since the day you were brought to the league, but one other thing that had also piqued your interest was the one question that never left your mind the moment you got there...

How exactly did you get there?

No really, how did you get here? You remember everything up until the day you found yourself in their hideout. What the leader told you made sense, but you do remember him being a bit hesitant on how to explain it. Dabi ended up getting frustrated and took over flawlessly. Up until that point, you've kept that question to yourself. You have grown close with the members of the League, but not enough that you wanted to disclose any information or questions you had, just to be safe.

"Y/N! Let's go!" Toga leaped up and down, obviously excited about something.

"Where are we heading to?" You asked while rubbing your eyes. It wasn't uncommon for the League to go out early in the morning to get groceries, though it was mostly Toga who went to the store, and Kurogiri helped by making a portal for Toga to cross with the groceries. You had wanted to go out for a while, and you did manage to go one time with the blonde girl, but you both were quickly found out. The only way you guys got away was because Toga signaled for Kurogiri, and the rest of the League had to fight away the police who were chasing you. It's safe to say that the grocery store (or the people chasing you) are no longer there.

"God, you're slow. You're going nowhere, Toga, on the other hand, has to go grocery shopping again," Dabi's voice boomed again.

You wanted to test your luck, but you were afraid to. You had seen what that human blowtorch was capable of, and you were perfectly content on not looking like him. Yeah, you found it attractive on him, but on your body? You'd rather beg him to incinerate you into only ashes. Regardless, you opened your mouth.

"Why can't I go out with her anymore? You only let me out the one time YEARS ago! Can I please go with Toga? At least this once?" It was only moments that Toga was in on the idea, and pleaded with the tall male as well. "Please, please, puh-LEASE Dabi? I promise we'll be more careful this time! I'll keep them near me at all times, just please let them go out with me!" You wanted to add in your own saying, but you believe the girl has begged well enough.

Dabi groans, "Alright, alright! Geez, just stop the yelling. It's too early for you to be this excited."

Not wanting to add more pain to his headache, you bolted up from your bed--almost tripping yourself with your blanket--and went to the closet to find some nice clothes. It was finally your time! You silently thanked the gods for having Dabi finally change his mind.