Chapter 1

The library. The only place that provided some semblance of peace. At least, in Goku's eyes. Though many options of books, it isn't the books that brings him here everyday. The computers perhaps? That sounds plausible doesn't it. Goku was an adult after all. 20 years of age to be precise. With the demeanor of a child, as stubborn as a horse, but very bright in his own way.

So what was he there for? A person of course. Goku had very little interest in books, but he seems intrigued by the mannerisms of people. The person was a man, a man with a hairstyle almost as odd as his, sharp features, dressed properly, & a very alluring yet mysterious aura that kept Goku coming back. He's never spoken to him before, he mostly watches from afar. The man doesn't seem to work there, but interested in what seemed to be educational, artistic, or fantasy books. Goku has checked each book he's borrowed thoroughly. Deciding that the man was sophisticated & probably way too mature for his company.

Vegeta Briefs was the man's name. Odd. Seemed like a stage name of some sort, but who was Goku to judge? Goku kept his head in a book, watching as Vegeta put a book back from the shelf. His daily routine was checking out books that Vegeta had already read, in hopes of understanding him better. Maybe providing an easier approach. He waited for a bit before setting the book down & walking over to the shelf. The coast was clear. He reached up for the book & was startled by a voice.

"It seems I've found the culprit."

Goku froze, could it be? He slowly faced the voice. It was him! Vegeta was looking directly at him, arms crossed, wearing  a slightly amused look on his face. "uh," was all he could muster, "I was just - I was waiting for that book." Vegeta raised an eyebrow, before taking a few steps towards him. Goku took steps back, a bit frightened. "How about the 50 other books that I have read?" He paused,"You know, all the ones with your name under mine?" Goku wanted to hit himself. Of course he'd notice, he doesn't seem stupid. But Goku being the person he is decided it was better to lie than to be seen as an utter creep. "Who says it wasn't just a coincidence?" Vegeta chuckled. He probably thought Goku was a fool at this point. What a great first impression.

Vegeta took down the book, "I doubt someone as young as you is actually interested in the books I read." How did he know that? Goku switched from foot to foot, trying to come up with a proper excuse. He must think he's a stalker by now. Vegeta showed him the cover, it was a book filled with vegan recipes. Goku blinked, "That's-". Vegeta chuckled again, "Tell me this Goku, do you happen to be vegan as well?" Goku felt a blush creep up on his face. He was totally busted. "It's kinda nice I suppose, I don't think I've ever been stalked before", Vegeta stated. Goku scoffed, "Don't flatter yourself, I was just interested." Vegeta placed the book back on the shelf, a smile plastered on his face. He turned to look at Goku, "What might've interested you?"

Goku felt like his brain wasn't working for a second, but blurted what came to mind, "You like boring books." Vegeta laughed now & Goku couldn't help but think that it was a really nice laugh.

"You must be young", Vegeta retorted.

Goku stubbornly stuck out his chin, "I'm 20, I'm a full grown adult."

"Oh really?"

Goku nodded, standing his ground,"You speak as if you're a wise old man."

"30."

"30?"

"Yes", Vegeta faced away from him, "I guess I'll see you around... kid."

Goku stared blankly after him as he walked away. And that's how it all began.