Part 1

Quick Disclaimer: I do not condone cheating or toxic, abusive relationships. This one-shot is written purely for fantasy reasons. I would never condone a situation like this one in real life.

You woke to the rustling of bedsheets and a change in weight in your mattress. You blinked awake, frowning when you saw that it was still dark outside.

"Hello? Hey..."

Your eyelids fluttered open when you recognized Jungkook's voice speaking softly. You rolled over to see him sitting at the edge of the bed, his phone by his ear. You squinted at the clock on your bedside table to see it was nearly five in the morning.

"Yeah, work went really late." Jungkook was saying, cupping his hand over the phone's speakers so he could speak quietly. He hadn't noticed that you were awake yet. You smiled as you traced your eyes down his bare back and shoulders, taking in his rumpled bed head and bloated cheeks. He looked deliciously disheveled when he first woke up, which was very different from his normal everyday appearance.

"Honey, you know I didn't want to worry you." Your smile fell off your face when you realized who he was talking to. "Yes, I promise next time I will call you to let you know I won't be coming home... Okay, I love you too. See you tonight." Your heart lurched at those words on his tongue.

He hung up and turned his head to see you staring at him with a tight jaw. Jungkook sighed and brushed a hand through his unruly hair. How many times had you done the same thing to him last night?

"I need to get to work." He said tersely. He stood up, turning his back to you. You felt a surge of panic as he started to pull on his clothes that had been strewn across the floor last night. You quickly sat up, grabbing your robe from your bedside table. You quickly wrapped it around your naked body as Jungkook pulled his blazer over his white button-down shirt.

"Um... are you sure? Do you want breakfast? I can make you eggs. Or something sweet if you like. I-I think I have some pancake mix." You knew you sounded pathetic and desperate. But you didn't want him to leave. You hated it when he left you in the morning.

"No, I can get something to eat at the office." Jungkook finished getting dressed and walking into the bathroom of your apartment to splash his face with water and finger comb through his hair.

You quickly stood up and followed after him as he walked out of the bedroom. He started to collect his stuff from the living room like his tie, his briefcase, and his shoes. You swallowed hard as you watched him put himself back together again. One second, he was the disheveled boy who was still groggy from sleep, and the next he was shrewd businessman who looked like he didn't know how to smile.

Jungkook snapped his watched back on his wrist and looked down at it before pulling his shoes on and turning to the door of the apartment. You heart thudded in your chest as he put a hand on the door handle. Was he really going to leave without saying goodbye?

"Wait!" You called out to him without thinking. Jungkook paused and rotated his head to look at you. He raised his eyebrows, waiting for you to speak. "W-Will I see you again soon?" You asked hopefully. Jungkook quirked his brow.

"Yes, I assume so." He said simply, flooding your stomach with reassurance. You smiled, sighing in relief as Jungkook looked away thoughtfully. "We have a company office meeting today. So, unless you're planning on playing hooky, I'll see you there."

Your heart sank when you realized he was talking about work. Your face fell and you felt tears well up in your eyes. Was this to be like every other time he left and pretended you were a stranger? Were you to have your heart broken again when he left through your apartment door? You looked down at your shoes and forced yourself not to cry.