chapter one

"do we have to go?" i said as i packed the last of my belongings into my suitcase. "y/n, we've been over this a million times. we are moving for a better start. i want you to succeed in whatever you chose to do any you just can't do that here, i'm sorry" my mother replied back to me from the other room.

i knew that, i knew she was right, but  i just wasn't ready to leave. five years of all the cherished memories i made with the people i once considered my chosen family will all be gone. i've lived in many different countries, but i've never loved a home more than i did here, in france. i knew it was all temporary, i knew i shouldn't get attached to anyone or anything because i knew it would all come to an end soon, but i did, which is making this process, that i've done countless times, more painful than ever.

"plus, i think you'll love australia! just promise me you'll keep an open mind okay?". i didn't reply, i know by know that i should just tell my mother what she wants to hear, but i was too upset to say anything.

my mother came into my room shortly after she realized i wasn't going to answer her.
"y/n" she whispered. i said nothing, because i knew the second i opened my mouth, all the emotions i've been bottling up would come out, and i'd say something i would regret. so i restricted myself as much as i could and simply said "let's go, i want to say bye to my friends before we go".

i knew it didn't matter what i did or said, we would leave either way. so before i left, i went to the park i meet my friends at everyday after school, and nearly cried as i saw the closest friend i ever had running towards me with open arms. she yelled my name before knocking me to the ground and wrapping in the tightest hug in the world. we stayed hugging on the ground for few seconds until she pulled me upright and hugged me even tighter. "i'm gonna miss you dude, i can't believe your leaving me". i smiled at her words and said "i'm gonna miss you more julia". she released me from her grasp, and i realized all my friends had come to see me, they were slowly gathering around me and i almost cried at the sight. "you all came to see me?" i said choking back tears. "of course we did y/n, you're our bestfriend, remember that we will always be here for you when you need us, just come to this spot".

i couldn't fight back the tears anymore, i was crying my eyes out. i realized i would never see the people who were my only source of happiness ever again, it hurt me more than anything to say goodbye to them.
they looked at me with worried eyes as i had my head buried in my hands sobbing my heart out. i couldn't say much, but i told them all i loved them as i got in the car and saw them for the last time.
_____________________________________

to australia, to a knew beginning and a new relationship that i never thought i would have.