Cԋαρƚҽɾ 32: Sυƈƈҽʂʂ

December 21, 1993

"You trying to impress some groupies tonight or something?" Ranae raised her brow, eyeing Devante through the mirror.

He fixed his chain while furrowing his eyebrows "What makes you say that?"

"I can sense it." She shrugged causing De to chuckle, though she was serious.

Tonight, the group was throwing an album release party for their sophomore album Diary of a mad band. The guys were more than excited to release it, especially Devante being that he grew tired of talking about the same songs from 1991. He couldn't wait for their fans to hear it, he thinks this might be even better than their first project. Hopefully it gets the same success.

"The only person I'm trying to impress tonight is you." He gave her that famous smirk and she playfully rolled her eyes "You know you was the inspiration for most of the songs right?"

"You were being serious about that?" She raised her brows.

"Absolutely, but don't trip, it's not like I put all our business out there. Majority of the songs on the album are love songs."

Donald wasn't the type to put his personal business into songs, everybody could relate to love making which is why he writes about that most of the time. He did have the idea at first but figured that would bring too much attention to him and Ranae personal lives.

Everybody has been in their business since '92 and the last thing he would want is even more controversy surrounding their relationship. Everything isn't peaches & cream between the two but the public doesn't need to know that.

"Awww." She gave a pout "I feel so loved." She chuckled and he bit his lip, pulling her in for a hug. She wrapped her arms around his neck while his were secured around her small waist.

"Well that's how I'm suppose to make you feel." He told her before giving her forehead a kiss.

"Well can you do that every day and not every other day?" She raise a brow.

He sighed and threw his head back "Don't start that baby girl, let's not ruin the moment." He put a stop to that topic. He leaned in and pecked her lips multiple times, causing her to giggle in between kisses.

They both heard his doorbell ring and pulled away "That must be the guys." Ranae nodded as De pulled away.

"Hell yeah, let me go let them in while you get ready." He kissed her once again before leaving the room completely.

Ranae watched as he left out and shut the door, waiting a few more seconds before going over towards the side of the bed. She sat down and picked up the telephone, glancing over her shoulder one more time before dialing a certain someone's number.

She leaned against the headboard and patiently waited for an answer until she heard movement on the other end.

"Hello?" Jarvis voice came into the phone and she instantly smiled.

"Hey, it's Ranae." She assured him being that she never called from this number.

She heard him chuckle on the other end "I guess I'm all you've been thinking about since we locked lips huh?"

"Please don't flatter yourself, I wasn't even calling to talk about that....again." The night they kissed, he was the first person she called the next morning to talk about it.

She didn't have a problem admitting that she liked it, she still doesn't feel bad about it. Jarvis was stoked that it happened too, it's like he been waiting on that since elementary days. Ranae doesn't plan on telling Devante either. Why should she? He's probably hiding more shit than her.