A Whisper

Have you ever been in complete darkness? Only when I close my eyes. And my mind takes me to the darkest place every single time. The place where I find my every flaw and hurtful memories of my past. I couldn't give you any address or coordinates... to this place that only I have been to countless times. I take a trip there every night. Some nights that door locks and I get trapped in that house of darkness. You might want to stay back, it'll creep out and sink you in.

Do you know what love is? Have you ever done so? Never seen, heard, smelled, or felt this thing you call "love." My bleeding, broken heart wouldn't know. And for the latter, I could say no. I've recognized feelings, I've seen true intent. But I would lie if I told you the extent.

How about you come and wrap me in your own lies. Hold me tight, don't you dare let go. Kiss my neck softly as you take your fingers and trace them down my... arms.

They ask, "How does it feel to be successful?"
Huh? Success- what? The only thing I've achieved is being the greatest at doing nothing. I've failed miserably at this thing called "life." My sole purpose is to live as an example to others... of what not to be.

Sure, I could tell you about common diseases.... point to where every organ, muscle, and bone inside of your body lies. Diagnose you with these, '"things" I can barely pronounce. And treat you with some overpriced drug that can manage those symptoms but may never cure the disease. But how could you fix your lips to ask such a foolish question?— sorry, let me be professional... HOW COULD YOU ALLOW SUCH VOCABULARY TO ESCAPE YOUR ORIFICE? "Successful." Is it because you see the white coat and red clogs? Clearly, I am lost and as I told you before... I have no directions.

So bring me that long, hard, and HOT sentence. Whisper it softly in my ears. Tell me everything I want to hear. And when you're finished... tell me my ride is waiting out there. I cry... and cry... and CRY — and when I finally hit those white sheets, in the darkness... yet again I'll lie. In the morning, she takes her gemstones, designer fabrics, and high heels then adorns herself with these material items - she's fine. Puts on her mask of happiness and radiates light. Yet... no one could tell what's inside that house judging by those bright, brown eyes.

Ladies and gentlemen you're in for a surprise. Allow me to slip into something a little more comfortable... I'll put on my disguise. Then you can join me on this long, long ride....