Disclaimer

Hi everyone,

Before we begin, there are a few disclaimers that I would like to address.

First of all, I wanted to let you know that this story was started years ago in early 2017 on my Archive of Our Own page. You can find the original here: https://archiveofourown.org/works/9521444/chapters/21531185

So, this is me revamping the original story and publishing it for my Wattpad audience. It has a slightly cynical reason if I'm honest: I'm hoping that people will be interested in reading my own stories if they like my fanfiction and trust the way I write. Also, I'd just like to compile all of my work in one place (avoiding all of the bad stuff on FanFiction.net) so that I have a record of my own writing. I hope you all understand!

On AO3, I actually failed to continue this piece of work, despite the fact that I had a whole 20-part story planned out. So, if this gets support here on Wattpad, I will absolutely continue it!

Secondly, I have a forum! It looks a lot like the old Wattpad Writers forum, so feel free to hop on there if you're missing all of that delicious discussion action! You can chat about fiction, pop culture, gaming and so much more! Just make sure that you follow our rules when you do. You can find that at https://forum.shanniiwrites.com.

Finally, this one is so important that I'm going to put it in bold.

I do not condone any of J.K. Rowling's beliefs on trans people. Whether she knows it or not, Rowling is contributing to the hostile and, frankly, unsafe environment that trans people all around the world face. This isn't about freedom of speech. No one has stopped her from saying the vitriolic things that she has. It's about protecting young trans girls, boys and NB kids. It's about making sure that all vulnerable people feel safe and cared for.

By writing Harry Potter fanfiction, I am not supporting or condoning any of her ideas. Trans rights are human rights. "People who menstruate" is absolutely a perfect term to use. I am sorry that she experienced abuse at the hands of a man in the past. No one should ever have to go through that. However, that gives her no right to target, alienate and systematically condemn women who may even have gone through the same struggles as herself, just because she can't get over the fact that people called them "he" when they were little. 

Thank you for your time. I hope you enjoy!