Chapter 7

Sunday morning, Lisa woke up late. It's unusual, yes... because she usually will jog on Sunday morning. But because she and Jennie kept talking and talking last night till she finally fell asleep, she woke up late this morning.

Lisa stretched her body and she saw Jennie no more. She sat on her bed with her sleepy eyes and messy hair. She rubbed her eyes, and then got off bed.

She checked her bathroom as she thought Jennie's inside. She knocked on the bathroom door.

"Nini..." She called her lowly. "Nini, are you inside?"

She finally open the bathroom door which is apparently unlocked. She didn't find Jennie either.

"She must be home." She uttered.

She went to balcony, and found out that the door is still lock. She's thinking for a seconds, "How did she get out? Through where? Or maybe she was out through the front door?"

She went out onto the balcony, looked at Jennie's balcony. It's still closed.

"Maybe she's still sleeping." She mumbled.

And she saw the ladder she had brought from the garage is still in its place, leaning neatly under her balcony.

Lisa then went down and found her mother is sitting in the living room. As usual, her mother is watching her fav K-Drama. Lisa slumped her body on the couch.

"You're up? You must be slept too late."

"Hmmm...." Lisa is closing her eyes again.

"Open your eyes, bath and eat. Look what time is it now." Her mother ordered without turning her sight from her phone.

"What time is it, mom?"

"11.16 am."

""Mom, did you see someone out of our house this morning? Or maybe you opened the door for someone?"

"No, why did you ask that?" Her mother asked. "Did you- Did you see a thief get into our house?!" Lisa mother gasped. Good think she didn't let her phone fall.

"Noooooo....!! Forget it." Lisa took a cushion and covered her head with it. She continued her sleep again.
.
.
.
.
.

It's afternoon already, Lisa is doing a small jog around the street in front of her house when she saw Mrs. Kim is sitting in the swing of hers.

Mrs. Kim smiled at Lisa when their eyes met, and Lisa smiled back at her. Mrs. Kim then called Lisa to come over.

"Lisa, come here." She gestured her hand at Lisa to come over.

Lisa doesn't want to be impolite, besides she is Jennie's mom. So, she decided to come over.

"Come on, sit here." Mrs. Kim tapped an empty space on the swing, next to her. "You like jogging?"

"A bit exercise is good for me, Mrs. Kim."

Mrs. Kim smiled at Lisa. She always stared lovingly at this girl, somehow it's a weird stare for Lisa.

"Urmm.. Mrs. Kim, is there no one who can help you to clean your front yard? Look at the trees, it's too thick and tall. It will be dangerous in this rainy season."

"My husband is busy now because we don't have any employee to help us in the shop. Usually he will do that on weekend, because our daughter will help me in the shop. But she can't do that anymore now."

"Ooh, why can't your daughter help you again now?" Lisa asked carefully. She is afraid that her question would offend Mrs. Kim.

"She just can't, Lisa." Mrs. Kim smiled sadly at her.