1

Amelia is sitting on the porch and anxiously drinking her tea. He said he is going to come back because he is a good guy. And there is no doubting that. He is a good guy and she feels extremely lucky to have him. Even if she doesn't show it that often. Eventually she hears footsteps approaching and without even looking she knows it's him. She always knows if it's him. Releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding she looks up and there he is, standing in front of her. He looks so sorrowful and guilty and in that moment she doubts having ever loved him more. Link hesitates for a moment but finally says

"I stopped by the hospital for"

"I know, I watched"

She knew he was there. She would have been there too. After all Deluca was her friend. A good friend. Him being at his memorial was probably  the reason why he just came back now. The guilt was highly visible in his eyes. But she didn't know why. He was allowed to express his feelings in whatever way he wants to. She had a feeling of what he was going to say next. She knew him but at the same time she didn't.

"I won't keep booze in the house anymore"

She just looked at him with what was  hopefully pure admiration.
Softly she says

"that's not what I need from you. What I need from you is no more secrets"

Sometimes he can be so dense. Mer also drinks alcohol and this is her house. Of course their is going to be booze in the house. Always. She doesn't need him to give up alcohol or to hide in the garage. She never expected this from Owen either. Would he even considered it?

"it's just, we have this baby together. We have this whole life together so I want to really know you."

Amelias expression softens while talking. They have a baby together and she wouldn't want any other person to be by her side through this journey but him. Link is just smiling at her. Soaking in the words she just said. They have a life together no matter what.

"Deal."

Amelia smiled at that statement. She just smiled. She loved this man with every fiber of her heart. He accepted her so easily and loves her. The real her. Even her messed up childhood and her addictions. He was just being considerate of her feelings but she doesn't need that. All she needs is him right now.

"I reek of whiskey right now or I would hug you."

"I will hold my breath.", she said while already standing up to hug the love of her life. He hugged her back with so much force and love. Link just loved this woman so much he almost began to cry. She was so calm about this whole situation and he doesn't know how he deserves her. She is just too kind for this world and him. And with his crappy childhood he never thought he was ever going to be so lucky.

"I love you so so much Amelia.", he mumbles into her ear while holding her closer to him. After a while they both pulled back and he grabbed her mug and pulled her into him while walking to the front door. Amelia laid her head onto his shoulder and sighed. It felt good to have him near her again after a whole day. Link opened the door and they both went upstairs to ho to sleep.

"I'm sorry I left you alone with four kids. I hope they weren't any trouble. Especially scout. He is growing right now and I know how loud he can be. I'm so sorry."

"it's okay. Zola did her homework most of the day. We talked to Mer once. Ellis and Bailey danced the whole day well except for the time they watched finding nemo. Zola helped me cook Mac and Cheese for all of them and scout was surprisingly calm. He threw one tantrum once during an AA meeting but I just walked around the room. Even tried to play a little guitar for him because he seems to relax when you play for him. But it didn't really work."

"thats because you can't play", link snickered back. But internally he was laughing at the thought of his girlfriend playing the guitar. He smiled at her form ear to ear and then he kissed her. Not a passionate kiss, but a small light kiss on the lips. It was filled with so much love and admiration that Amelia thought she was going to burst.

"You still have to write me that love song, you know. I haven't forgotten about it."

Link groaned, grabbed Amelias waist and threw her into the bed. "what do you think I'm playing for scout every day? I'm working on it, but if has to be perfect just like you." Amelia looked into his eyes and she just wanted to kiss him for ever and never let go. And should have done that if he hadn't started tickling her. She bursts out into laughter and tries to wiggled her free. But he was just too strong. He attacked her with little kisses all over her face and when he finally pulled away, amelia rolled over so she wasn't in his proximity anymore. Link just groaned at her action and she laughed. She missed laughing today so much.

After they put on their pj's. (Amelia in one of his shirts and panties and Link just wearing boxers) they got into bed. Link checked the baby monitor quickly to check if Scout was still sleeping while Amelia already got under the blanket. Link turned around so he was looking at Amelia and got under the covers as well. She nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck and started to fall asleep. Link kissed the top of her hair and whispered half asleep "I'm gonna marry you one day."

"Counting on it", is all Link hears before falling asleep.