Unexpected Turns

The hum of Tony's car was a stark contrast to the chaos inside. As the car glided smoothly over the road, the Avengers' conversations were anything but serene.

"Steve, if you don't get her to be quiet..." Tony said, letting the sentence trail off, his frustration evident.

"What do you think we've been doing?" Steve shot back, his voice rising over Wanda's relentless crying. He bounced her gently on his lap, trying to calm her with soothing movements. "I've been trying everything!"

"This is all your fault, Spider-Boy. You're supposed to deal with things when you see danger. Not call me!" Tony's voice was sharp, aimed at Peter, who sat beside him with a tense expression.

"Well, at least I reported it. My friend is a baby now. This doesn't just affect you!" Peter retorted, his voice tinged with exhaustion and annoyance.

"Boys," Natasha interjected firmly, trying to cut through the escalating argument.

"You called me because you thought you saw her. Why didn't you chase after her? You know you can be a real pain sometimes!" Tony's tone was biting.

"Boys!" Natasha shouted again, her frustration evident as she gestured towards the baby in Steve's lap. Wanda, now quiet and observant, looked between the arguing adults with wide, tired eyes.

"How does us screaming help her quiet down?" Tony asked, his voice laced with frustration.

"Maybe because she sees how ridiculous you two are, and she decided to be the mature one," Steve suggested with a slight smile, gently playing with Wanda's tiny hands.

"Happy!" Tony called out to the driver, his voice exasperated.

"Yes," Happy responded, his patience worn thin after twenty minutes of unrelenting crying.

"Think I'm mature, huh?" Tony asked, his tone still irritable.

Happy's eyes widened, clearly not wanting to engage. "Oh, look Peter, it's your stop," he said, redirecting the conversation.

"Fine then," Tony growled, clearly displeased.

"Bye," Peter sighed, grabbing his backpack and stepping out of the car. He looked back at Wanda, giving her a small smile. "Bye, princess," he said, gently poking her stomach, which elicited a brief, joyful giggle from the baby.

"Bye, kid," Steve said, giving Peter a nod before shutting the car door. He held Wanda securely with one hand, feeling a mixture of concern and helplessness.

"Thank God her clothes shrunk down with her," Natasha said, adjusting the hem of Wanda's dress, which had become bunched up around her tiny legs.

"Yeah, but I don't think it's appropriate for a one-year-old to be wearing such a short dress," Steve remarked, helping Wanda stand up on the car floor, his fingers gently supporting her.

"I don't think it's appropriate for a fourteen-year-old either," Tony quipped, pulling out his phone to check for any updates.

The interior of Tony's car, a spacious, luxury model with seating arranged like a small limo, was now occupied by a toddler. Wanda's chubby legs wobbled as she tried to stand, her balance uncertain.

Before she could topple over, Steve moved his hands from her tiny fingers to her armpits, gently guiding her to Natasha's lap. Wanda, her eyes red from crying, rubbed her face tiredly.

"You know, we're never going to get her to sleep like this," Natasha said, a hint of frustration in her voice as she tried to keep Wanda from hurting herself.

"Shush. Don't even say the 'S' word. She'll start crying again," Tony warned, his voice tinged with exasperation.

"Sleep?" Steve asked, his eyes shifting to Wanda to gauge her reaction.