Once...There was a man named Dan

Once there was a man named Dan. A man named Dan he was. Dan was a good man, unless it came to telling stories. Dan was not good at all with telling stories . 

Once he was at a temple for some odd reason, since he had just laid down to go to sleep. Maybe it was the brown bottles piling around his feet that had teleported him there. 

 There were some children who looked a lot like the Ninja from Ninjago, just shrunk, that is. They were gawking at him and looking him up and down. "Why's there a guy standing in the toilet," a blonde haired one piped. "Don't tell him that, Green Bean! I'm trying to make the internet here-this is top quality material!" A orangish-brown haired one said, grinning goofily. 

Dan could hear a CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICKCLICK CLICK noise from somewhere in the room. 

Was there a bomb in the room or was it in the strange device the orangeish-brown haired one was aiming at Dan and pressing over and over?

Dan did not know. 

What would Peepa Peeg do at the moment? Dan wondered. Eat chocolate cake. Yes. Thankfully, a black haired kid had a huge slice of chocolate cake on the plate he was carrying. Dan grabbed it and swallowed it whole. (Even the plate) 

The black hair kid's eye's widened. He tried to say something but nothing came out. He trid again. A spiking brown haired kid grabbed the black haired one by the arm and dragged him away.

The whole time the black haired one was gawking at Dan, spluttering and gasping, his right eye twitching. 

The black haired one and the spiky kid left the room, only to return a minute later with a new plate and a new slice of chocolate cake on it. A dark haired girl entered the room, yawning. She froze at the sight of Dan. 

Dan was getting kinda uncomfortable about being the only other person at the temple other than the children, so he started to tell a story. It was so bad/good?, the kids covered their ears and screamed bloody murder until he stopped. 

On the drive home, Dan learned something new that day. 

It was that those children are most likely crazy. 

Or was he the crazy one? 

No. It couldn't be. 

Dan decided it was the old man hiding in the middle of the children was mind controlling them with the stick he was carrying. 

The stick was obviously a cover for the mind controlling device that the old dude had hidden in the staff. 

Dan smiled and patted himself on the back, causing the car to swerve and run into a ditch. 

"I'm glad I skipped high school," Dan sighed happily. "'Cuz this is the life." Then he drank the coffee he somehow had in his car, since he had drank the cup of coffee he had bought in the morning and thrown it away. 

So what was the coffee? 

Let's just say, the old man has struck again.