Chapter 1

Being yourself is so hard to do these days. Society has come up with a perfect image and every girl and boy is supposed to be a certain way, look a certain way, act a certain way and if you don't go along with the guidelines of society you're judged. That's how I am. An outsider to the ways of teenage life. I'm 17 years old, in my last year of high school and I want to pursue a future in music. That's not really something people do around where I live. Your supposed to grow up and be a lawyer, a realtor, or a teacher at the least. No one really ever leaves the city, everybody knows everybody and that's just how it's always been. My parents are defiantly known around here. I'm not really sure how or why but my mom, dad, and 15 year old brother are always the talk of the town. I barely exist in my family. The wacko girl who likes music. I've always dreamed of moving to California but here I am stuck in cold Colorado.

I made a YouTube channel once. I posted 2 or 3 covers and never made more. I'm proud of them yes, but no more than about 50 people watched them, and I figured it was a lost cause. I've thought about starting it back up. I feel like everyone gets noticed that way nowadays. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.