Chapter 9: Fammiliar Ties

Chapter 9

5 years ago, in Elixir City

A young girl with long purple hair was running across the street, she was keen on evading the police.

Girl "Just a little farther now"

She evaded the questioning looks for the crowd and then darted into an alleyway.

Girl "Home free"

That was until she bumped into someone else, a boy with mid length dark hair and was a year older than her.

However she didn't fall to the floor, instead she was being held in place by a sort of shadow Clone.

Girl "This is.... Demonic power"

Boy "You...... You can sense it?"

Girl "Yeah... How can you do that?"

The boy chuckled.

Boy "Lets just say... I wasn't born with this... Its hard to explain"

Girl "I get it.... Its hard to explain what I can do aswell"

She then stuck out her hand.

Girl "I uh..... I'm Alice"

Boy "Heh...."I have no name... I am but 2 days old"

Alice raised an eyebrow at him.

Boy "Just kidding... My name is Arcanum Virgil"

Alice "You qouted William Blake didn't you?"

Arcanum looked shocked.

Arcanum "You've heard of him?"

Alice nodded her head

Alice "He's my favourite poet"

Arcanum pointed at the food that Alice was carrying.

Arcanum "Did you... Steal that?"

Alice "I.... Well... I uh"

Arcanum "You're alone.... Aren't you?"

Alice nodded, Arcanum then held out his hand.

Arcanum "Here... Lemme help you"

Alice hesitated for a moment, however she sensed a positive vibe from him, and so took his hand.

Present Day

Jeanne "And then.... Did you know?"

Arcanum "Know that she was an unstable Demon? I had a feeling but I wasn't quite sure"

He then took a deep breath.

Arcanum "One day however.... We were getting mugged by older kids.... I couldn't protect her.... I was too weak... I've always been physically weak... Alice saw then hurting me, and she went berserk"

Arcanum looked like he didn't want to continue, but he then started to talk again.

Arcanum "She didn't just kill them.... She massacred them.... Bathed in their blood, and through it all.... She laughed... It was then I realised who she was... What she was"

Suddenly Alice's body started to stir, she immediately woke up and started to laugh maniacally again, she then prepared to attack Jason, however at the last minute Jeanne stood in front of the attack and took the full force of it.

Jason "NO!"

Jeannes body was full of cuts and she fell unconscious, Alice then laughed again.