The Event Is Just Begging

The story is in process.

She was standing at the corner of the big hall. Elissa took a sip of light champagne. Everybody was walking around her without paying attention to the girl. The dance was just beginning, so people've been introducing themselves to others and meeting new acquaintances. Ladies and gentlemen were on their best behavior in the ballroom.
Elissa hated dancing with strangers. So, she refused to dance with anyone who offered. Great care should be taken by a lady in refusing to dance with a gentleman. After refusing, she should not accept another invitation for the same dance. But...she didn't really care.
All of that is so unreal. I can't stand evens like this. Why are they all smiling at me? Cute woman smiled at her and introduced herself. They had a little talk and soon Elissa was along again. She sighed when woman left.

She was looking at Mr Laurence, but ladies could not ask gentlemen to dance and could not even be seen to cross the dance floor unescorted.
He was 17, but Markus wasn't having fun with other groups of teenagers. He was standing apposite Elissa, at the other corner of the hall. Waiter offered him a glass of champagne...
"Elissa!"- Rebecca let everyone around know about her presence. "I've been trying to find you here. Didn't think you'd like to come 'cause you don't like parties like this. So... What's the reason for your appearance?"
"Mmm..." - Elissa was trying to understand what she was doing there. At the moment she took her eyes from Rebecca's face and saw Markus staring at her. He just smiled and continued talking to his father. "I...I'm here for my mum. She wants to be here with her daughter"
"Oh! It's brilliant, Elissa, bri-lli-ant! We can have fun together all night! Today is a beautiful day, isn't it?" - she was already jumping around Elissa, clapping her hands.
"Yes... I suppose so..."
The next second she jumped up from loud and familiar "Elissa!" towards her. Her mum gently touched daughter's shoulders. "Today is such a beautiful day! Isn't it, darling? I'm so glad you here. I want to introduce you to my friend, Mrs Laurence!". This woman looked like 18-year-old girl, not like mother of 3 boys. Her skin was clean and pale white. She was wearing long pale pink silk-stocking dress, like everybody else at this ball. But something in her was really special.

Everyone knew Laurence family, maybe because they always looked so awesome

Elissa tried to show good manners. "It's nice to finally meet you, Mrs Laurence. And... This is my friend, Rebecca."
This conversation didn't take too much and soon friends were along.
"She is such a gorgeous woman!" - Rebecca started first. "Can you believe, that she is 38?" She waited for Elissa's reaction. This was for nothing.
"It's too hot here, maybe we can go outside? Shall we?" That was really hot May day, so girs decided to continue the conversation out there.
They were walking around fountain. But Rebecca interrupted silence. "I ran out of champagne. Wait me here". The next moment Rebecca left and Elissa saw someone around her. It was quite dark there, so she didn't recognize this person. She was caught unaware by quite, but confident "Good evening, my name is Murkus" beside her.

"Good evening, Mr Laurence. I'm Elissa"- she involuntarily blushed and made a curtsy. He chuckled and continued with quite voice "Today is a beautiful..."
"... Day. Isn't it?"- Elissa showed her displeasure. It seemed like that Sunday was the best day ever for literally everybody but her. Why all of them are so happy? This thought was haunting the girl all evening.
"You disagree..?"- the boy looked into her dark eyes. She sighed.
"Mm, sorry...I...just don't like crowds of people... and... I don't like people at all..."- she tried to smile. It didn't work.
Markus didn't interrupt her and just curiously listened. He was silent for a while. "Why?"- he said staring at the fountain.

'Cause they are so hypocritical

'Cause they are so hypocritical. All of them are so happy, everybody is smiling at everyone else, even if they are enemies and hate each other.
"Just... don't like"- she wasn't talkative, too.
"I don't like events like this, just like you. But my parents think that I should meet new friends or at least acquaintances...but it's difficult to find honest people at the parties like this"- he looked at the window of the castle. People were quite laughing at something...or someone.
The building was drowning into the darkness. It was about 11 pm.
They were spending time together in silence.
"I hope to see you again"- he pronounced and disappeared in the dark.

She didn't have a chance to be along. Her mind was filled with thoughts about Laurence boy.
The next second after Markus left, she heard that familiar "Elissa!" from Rebecca.
"How long have I been away?"- she stood in front of her with new glass of drink. Rebecca continued "It doesn't matter. You know what matters? I met one person... He..."- she always told Elissa everything she discovered about people.
Rebecca was a good friend and great person. Just a little...impulsive and overactive, this was different between her and Elissa.
But quite one was a great listener. She've never interrupted her only friend. However, maybe it's because she wasn't listening at all. She has always been a big dreamer. One of those, who imagines fantasy stories in her head.

At 2 am everyone started to leave. She hasn't seen anyone from Laurences that day. Girls returned to the almost empty hall. Elissa said goodbye to Rebecca and left with mum. On the way back her mother bored daughter with talk. But Elissa has never participated in it.
When they got home, tired Elissa was laying in the bed for some time. Queue of impossible stories was coming into her head. Today the main character was mystery Markus Laurence.